PDA

View Full Version : Littlest sippy cups?

Rachels
03-10-2003, 04:25 PM
Abigail has been drinking from a regular cup for months, but she's just now getting the hang of the sippy. She doesn't get that she needs to tip it way back, though, which means I need to keep it full, and that makes them all too heavy. Are there any little ones?

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

egoldber
03-10-2003, 05:07 PM
The tiniest ones I can think of would be a 4 oz Avent bottle with the sippy spout. Also, you can often get sippies at the dollar store (2 for $1, oddly enough) that have a spout, but no valve. These are pretty small too.

But if she is drinking from a cup, do you need her to use a sippy? If you want something portable, maybe try teaching her to use a straw. That way she doesn't have to tilt her head back.

HTH,

trumansmom
03-10-2003, 05:07 PM
How about a 4 ounce Avent bottle with a soft spout instead of a nipple? I know some people don't like the spouts, but we've used them for almost a year now and really do.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman
11/29/01

trumansmom
03-10-2003, 05:08 PM
Looks like great minds think alike! We must have posted simultaneously!

christic
03-10-2003, 05:57 PM
Rachel,

We use the 1st Years disposable sippy cups (used to be 7oz now 10!)that I've seen recommended here quite a bit, and we also have some of the little food containers (4oz) that 1st Years also makes. Because the tops are interchangeable you can put the sippy lid on the food container and make a very tiny sippy cup. Does this make sense? We use them this way to give my daughter her juice.

Christi