PDA

View Full Version : when to get fitted for a nursing bra

cchavez
03-17-2003, 08:59 PM
I will be 34 weeks on Thursday. When should I get fitted for my nursing bras? I have been told my a LC that a good "idea" is to go to Motherhood (or a place that carried inexpensive bras) and get fitted for a bra there....b/c this is what I will only use temporarily. The when my milk comes in I should get fitted for a few better brands (Medela, Bravado) etc. I was thinking about getting my temporarty bra at the Playtex outlet??? Anyone have exp. with this bra? Then getting my "better" bras from (another) LC that is coming to my home to deliver my pump when my milk comes in.

Should I even do this or should I go ahead and get fitted for at least one "better" bra before I deliver and then get a few more after I deliver? Hope my q's make sense!

Momof3Labs
03-17-2003, 11:59 PM
Hmmm. The couple of LCs that I talked to suggested getting fitted in your last month or so. I was, and the bras still fit me now.

Personally, if you don't want to be fitted now, I would just order a Bravado since the sizing is so broad and get the better brands after the baby comes. Especially since you already have a LC coming to your house to deliver a pump (few of us had the energy to trapse out right after baby was born to be fitted for bras), it will be easy enough to be fitted then.

COElizabeth
03-18-2003, 12:06 AM
I second the vote for a Bravado for the beginning at least. I love mine and wear them 90% of the time even now, but in the very beginning they were especially wonderful because I was fairly engorged. You may well be much bigger for a week or so after your milk comes in than you are a month or two post-partum, and the Bravado can handle the fluctuation!

Elizabeth
Mom to James
9-20-02