PDA

View Full Version : prices on PIS

littleme2
03-20-2003, 10:14 AM
Hi, I definitely want to get the Medela PIS - not the traveler but the regular one with the tote.

I know that it's priced at Babies R Us for $280 but I saw it on sale at a small baby store for $195.

Is that a good price or should I just wait?
I've put the pump on my registry but I doubt anyone will buy something that expensive.

Thanks in advance.
Meenu

Lisa52503
03-20-2003, 01:26 PM
You might want to check out ebay. I know I've seen lots of new Medela's on there for around $189-$199.

stillplayswithbarbies
03-20-2003, 03:15 PM
The cheapest I have seen the Pump In Style is for $169.95 here
http://www.fjroberts.com/sitemap.htm

The cheapest for the Purely Yours is here for $120 (without a tote bag)
http://www.mothersmilkbreastfeeding.com/PYw_otote.html#

This site has the best price for Purely Yours with the tote bag, $147.99 but they are out of stock now:
http://www.kidsurplus.com/

I spent a whole day searching Google and looking at all the sites and creating an Excel spreadsheet so I could compare prices and shipping costs. I was looking at Purely Yours, but most of the sites carry both. I ended up getting mine here because it was the whole kit for $175 shipped:
http://www.stores.ebay.com/biomonitorshealthandfitness

You can also find them on eBay from dealers for a good price. The Pump In Style seems to run about $199 most places and the Purely Yours with tote bag and accessories seems to run about $199. Without the tote bag it runs about $165. Anything less than that is a good deal.

Just be sure to add in the shipping charges. Some of them really get you on that and then its not as good a deal as you thought.

...Karen
Mom to Jake age 12 and expecting Logan Elizabeth or Garrett Logan, EDD March 21

heidi_timms
03-20-2003, 05:11 PM
Has anyone on the board purchased from the www.fjroberts.com? I wonder if this is a reputable site. This price is better or comparable to ebay prices!

Rachels
03-20-2003, 05:37 PM
I ordered mine from www.kidalog.com -- $169 shipped, no taxes!

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

ktdid74
03-21-2003, 03:42 PM
Hello-
I recently purchased my PIS from fjroberts.com and so did my best friend. We had no problems at all! The price was so awesome I was a little wary at first but I still tried it. The pump came very fast- about 2-3 days via fedex. Everything was as it should be and I was very impressed. I would recommend them!

HTH-
Katie
mom to Brendan 6/8/00
#2 due 3/31/03

jennifer1143
03-21-2003, 04:35 PM
Wondering if your pump from Kidalog had a battery pack and everything with it? Their site doesn't say. Thanks.

Jennifer
Due 6/30/03

paula0403
03-22-2003, 09:49 AM
As I posted on a more recent question posted, I have been reassured by Kidalog that their Medela PIS is the latest model now, and so does include the battery pack.

vpalmer
03-28-2003, 03:58 PM
Rachel,

Thanks for the tip regarding the great price at www.kidalog.com I just ordered the traveler for $184. According to the website, it does include the battery pack.

Thanks!

Veronica
Due with baby #1 on 6-16-03

jennifer1143
03-28-2003, 05:04 PM
When I called Kidalog, their model number on the Pump In Style was 55001 - the new 2003 model is 57020. They said that the one they sell is the older model? Does anyone know what the differences might be? Is it better to get the newest model? Thanks.

Jennifer
Due 6/30/03

paula0403
03-29-2003, 08:50 AM
Jennifer,

Did they really tell you at Kidalog that their PIS is an older model? This concerns me because when I called them, they told me that the model #55001 is their Canadian model number for the newest model of PIS. Let me know; I haven't ordered my PIS from them yet.

jennifer1143
03-29-2003, 09:47 AM
Yes, they told me yesterday (on the LiveChat option) that this was the older model. They said the newest one is not out in Canada yet. When it is they will get it, but they have no idea when that will be. I'm not sure of the differences between the two - but I think I may just buy one on Ebay instead. There are several RN's who sell them at nearly the same cost once you include shipping.
They must be telling people different things - because I called one other time and the clerk told me it was a Canadian number too. But when I called Medela they could not confirm that. Hope this helps. Let me know what you decide to do.

Jennifer
Due 6/30/03

paula0403
03-29-2003, 02:55 PM
Thank you for the reply, Jennifer. That is very helpful. I have just e-mailed the U.S. Medela customer service ([email protected]), asking them what the differences are between the newest and former PIS, and what the older model number was. I'll let you know what I find out, but I think I'll also probably just order the 2003 PIS from ebay.

jennifer1143
03-29-2003, 03:12 PM
I'll be anxious to here what they say. Thanks !

Jennifer
Due 6/30/03

paula0403
04-01-2003, 07:23 PM
I have contacted Medela U.S., Medela Canada, and Kidalog many times. The overall scoop is: There are different model numbers assigned for different countries. Medela U.S. said the differences between their next latest models and the most recent are that the former models did not have the dial that allowed for a choice of five different pumping speeds, and they didn't have a battery pack. Medela Canada said that the latest models available in Canada are the exact same (except model number) as those available in the U.S. They said that the latest model numbers in Canada are 55001 (Original) and 27024 (Traveler). Kidalog said that they sell the latest model available in Canada, that they include the 5-speed dial and battery pack, and that their model numbers are 55001 (rather than the 55011 they said earlier) and 27024. By the way, Medela Canada says that model numbe 55011 never existed, so I'm thinking that maybe someone at Kidalog may have just misread it.

So....I think I'm going to go with Kidalog for the low price, and get a Traveler, given it only costs $10 USD more.

HTH,
Paula

varsha
04-06-2003, 12:51 PM
I just ordered my PIS Traveler from Kidalog and it came very promptly (6 days). They seemed reliable, and I would definately recommend them as their prices seem to be the best around for the Traveler.

HTH

Varsha

sweetbasil
04-06-2003, 08:49 PM
My lactation consultant told me that if DS's pediatrician would write me a prescription (which she did, just for the asking) for an electric pump, that we could submit it to DH's insurance and it would be reimbursable under his 125 Plan (tax-free medical spending account). We did this, and that saved us a little extra money....just an idea, though.

Good luck,