PDA

View Full Version : Which nursing bra?

southernmom
03-27-2003, 07:45 PM
Any suggestions on the best nursing bras, and where do you find them?

madelinesmom
03-27-2003, 08:06 PM
Madeline's Mom

I bought two Medela bras after my baby was about a week old. I had the LC fit the bra at the hospital. Until then I bought a cheap one from BRU.

stillplayswithbarbies
03-27-2003, 11:04 PM
I like the one I got here:

http://www.decentexposures.com/

I don't like the way it makes me look, but it sure is comfortable. It kind of squishes me, I am a size 38H.

...Karen
Mom to Jake age 12 and Logan Elizabeth 3/25/03

emilyf
03-27-2003, 11:50 PM
I really like the ones I got at Mimi Maternity.
Emily
mom of Charlie born 11/02

beckyr88
03-28-2003, 02:39 AM
I never use any...I tried on several and thought they were really uncomfortable, and looked too weird under clothes. What I've used instead are just those over-the-head stretchy type bras. Granted, I'm an A-B cup normally (not more than a 'full' B cup now :) ), so if you're larger, this may not work for you.

I just find it easiest to lift up the bra and let her nurse.

Hope that helps!

Becky
mama to Stella 2/21/03

Zansu
03-28-2003, 12:03 PM
Bravado!

www.bravadodesigns.com

parkersmama
03-28-2003, 12:04 PM
Based on a recommendation from this board, I recently ordered some from www.breastisbest.com I ended up calling to get advice on what to order (although she does have terrific guidelines on her website) and the woman was extremely helpful! Two of the four that I ordered have arrived and they fit great and are very comfy. She has lots of styles and brands so there's plenty to choose from and she has free shipping. Another source I've used is www.motherwear.com They are also very helpful with fitting and have a great return policy.

Ti Lung
03-28-2003, 12:07 PM
I took a breastfeeding class yesterday and the instructor told us that wearing a nursing bra (or any bra) that has underwires, while you nurse, can cause clogged milk ducts. Yuck! Have you found that to be true too? I generally don't find un-wired bras to be supportive enough for me. If any of you uses an un-wired nursing bra, please let me know which brand and whether it's supportive/comfortable/convenient. Greatly appreciate it!

Momof3Labs
03-28-2003, 12:30 PM
I was a die-hard underwire girl before Colin was born, but I also heard about plugged ducts (and I know people that have had it happen because of an ill-fitting bra). I now use a Medela seamless softcup bra and am pretty happy with it. It is supportive enough, although it doesn't shape me quite the way I'd like - but maybe that because of my boobs, not because of the bra!

C99
03-28-2003, 02:02 PM
I have 3 Medelas, 1 Playtex and 2 Target brand nursing bras. I go for the Medelas first each and every time. They are all-cotton, comfortable, have the best fit (for me), have the widest backstrap (the importance of which I cannot stress enough -- and I'm still only a B cup!), and are easiest to open and close. The Playtex is OK and the Target ones are on the bottom of the heap.

natividad
03-28-2003, 07:23 PM
I got fitted and bought a Medela bra at the hospital prior to leaving. I like it, although I keep reaching out to the "sports", stretchy kind that I purchased from Target.

Naty
Mommy to Alexander 2/26/2003

RiaHannam
03-28-2003, 09:22 PM
Okay I'm jealous of all those that don't have huge boobs like me! I am a 34DD normally and for nursing I'll probably be a 34G. SUCH A HARD SIZE to find! UGH!

I recently ordered from:
www.breakoutbras.com and www.birthandbaby.com

They both have bra styles in my size. But from 5 I ordered in, 2 worked. It's really frustrating for me.
I do have some Bravado bras that are okay but are more of a lounger bra for me. I need something a tad more sturdy to hold up these moos!

Good luck!

Maria

EDD 5/9

cmcostain
03-29-2003, 11:54 AM
Love my bravados- very comfortable - they have a sports bra look.
Got mine from www.averybabycare.com

Next fave is from motherwear. I have the black beautiful boutique bra. I called them up and asked which bras were the most comfortable, since comfort is my #1 priority! She recommended the boutique bra. Check out www.motherwear.com- they have excellent customer service and a wonderful guarantee!

C<><