PDA

View Full Version : are there any bottle feeders out there? Is there a really big difference

memedee
03-29-2003, 06:31 PM
Evenflo nipples and rings fit the rtf disposable bottles so I was hoping that these bottles were ok.
The Dr Brown look like a nightmare to wash with that little brush and the Avent only make wide mouth {I guess for ebm}.
Also are the avent the best for ebm or doesnt it matter?

blnony
03-29-2003, 07:38 PM
We use the Dr. Brown's wide neck bottles and they are aren't that bad to wash. You just use the little brush for the inside "pump" part, the rest are washed just like any bottle.
That said, it just really depends on what your baby likes. DD was breastfed for three months, so when we went to bottles she really had a preference for what she liked. I think if you start out bottle feeding, your baby will prefer whatever you use. If you are just pumping and using EBM then any bottle your baby takes will work. However, if you baby has colic, a lot of spit up or gas problems you may want to look for a bottle that addresses those issues, i.e. Avent and Dr. Brown's. You may just want to get a couple of bottles and see what your baby likes the best, then go with that.

brubeck
03-29-2003, 09:49 PM
My daughter had a lot of problems with spitting up when she was small. I switched to the Playtex Ventaire bottles and it helped somewhat. The nice thing about these bottles is that you can wash all the parts in the dishwasher. I put both formula and EBM in these bottles.

With my son (currently 3 months) I am just using the bottles that came along with my PIS, and the nipples that come in the Medela supplementary bottle kit. He seems to be having no problems with the occasional bottle of EBM.

bnme
03-30-2003, 12:39 PM
My sil uses even flo and doesn't have any problems. Start with that, if you want the conience of using it on nursettes. You can always switch if there is a problem, but I think in most cases any bottle is fine...and you won't know anyway until after you try.

I used avent, but not for ebm. I like them a lot, but then again that was all I tried. The wide mouth does make for easy cleanup, but if you ar using a dishwasher it won't matter as much.

Oh, and I use nursettes for 3am feedings and sometimes out and about, but I just pour them into an avent bottle--workf great, but there is more to carry then

egoldber
03-30-2003, 01:40 PM
I used the J&J Healthflow bottles with the angle. (These are now made my Munchkin.) My DD never did well with ANY wide mouth bottle. I never had a problem with my DD going back and forth from bottle to breast.

HTH,