PDA

View Full Version : Really dumb question.

gour0
04-02-2003, 10:45 PM
Is milk supposed to come out his nose when he's eating?

Momof3Labs
04-02-2003, 10:46 PM
Well... it's not "supposed" to, but sometimes it does and that is normal. You'll probably notice that stop as he gets older - but you can always mention it to your ped if you want to be certain!

C99
04-02-2003, 11:23 PM
Nathaniel still spits out his nose sometimes when he spits up. I'm told that it goes away with time.

hth

COElizabeth
04-03-2003, 02:00 AM
Aha! Now I remember that your same question was what finally moved me from a lurker to a poster! My ped had said it happens but that if it continues to happen that I should call, and I was freaked out about what it might mean. The answer I got here was that it could be a sign of reflux. I wouldn't worry about it if it's an occasional thing, but if it happens often or is in conjunction with other symptoms (I know you have been concerned he may have reflux anyway), you might ask your doctor about it.

Elizabeth
Mom to James
9-20-02

mamahill
04-03-2003, 08:16 PM
There are NO dumb questions! And like the others said, not "supposed" to, but it's normal. Chances are, if you have a question, others have thought the same, or similarly!

telewill
04-06-2003, 04:32 PM
How often is too often? I have a history of reflux, but I think DD is OK. She's had milk come out her nose, but only a few time.

Once was while trying to nurse her in the side lying position. I think this was discussed recently...I cannot get the lying positions to work for us. I can't get her positioned and me comfortable too. And, last time we had the milk out the nose thing, which was stressful.

Any advice, or where is the link to that post? I'm looking for it.

Thanks!

Lesa