PDA

View Full Version : Sterilizing Dr.Brown's bottles

cpike
04-04-2003, 11:40 PM
Does anyone know of a sterilizer that will fit the Dr.Brown's wide neck 8 oz. bottles?

Any other suggestions as to the best way to clean/sterilize them would be much appreciated. I just bought the bottles as baby is due in 6 weeks, and I don't know where to begin on this one...

Thanks in advance,

August Mom
04-04-2003, 11:45 PM
If they don't fit in a sterilizer, you can boil them to sterilize. I don't have a sterilizer (I boil), but I would think that the Avent sterilizers would work as the Avent bottles are wide mouth. Avent makes a microwave sterilizer and one that you plug in. HTH

egoldber
04-04-2003, 11:53 PM
I would ask your pediatrician's views on this, but most peds do not really think that sterilizing is necessary any more. My ped said that the dishwasher or just plain hot water and soap was fine.

HTH,

blnony
04-05-2003, 09:24 AM
We use the Avent Microwave sterilizer and use the wide neck Dr. Brown's. I wash the white ring and the bottle in the dishwasher (and don't sterilize later) but the other three parts haven't done well in the dishwasher, so I hand wash those and then use the Avent sterilizer.

mama2be
04-06-2003, 01:52 PM
I only use wide mouth doc browns...

and we have a two sided sink, if I didn't I think I'd get a nice size tub to put beside the sink. When we have alot of bottles (we rinse them by hand once done) we fill one side with hot soapy water and disaassemble the RINSED bottles and other stuff in there. Once we are ready to clean we clean each piece with the little cleaner provided in the bottle and a bottle cleaner and then rinse well...

We have had no problems, though the bottle seems huge to begin with he is already at 6 ounces a feeding at 5 weeks...so don't let that scare you...

petersmom
04-08-2003, 09:56 PM
I f you have a target near by they sell a basket you can place on the top rack that fits nipples white plastic and green insert. place the clear piece in the silverware basket of our dishwater. They come out great. I first tried the boiling method when DS was born and had to replace nipples within 1 month! What a waste. So I tried the dishwaher method and it works great.
Petersmom