PDA

View Full Version : PIS freezer bags

heidi_timms
04-08-2003, 12:12 AM
Hello,

I am looking for advice on the CSF freezer bags for the PIS breast pump. Does anyone know if you have to buy the Medela brand? I read an online review on a website and the reviewer was talking about how they leak. If other brands of bags can be used with the PIS, which are the best brands and where can I get the best prices on the bags?

Thank you for your help!

Heidi

Rachels
04-08-2003, 07:41 AM
I think the Gerber bags are the best-- they zip closed. I actually prefer to pump and freeze with Evenflo storage bottles, though. You can buy all of this at places like BRU, and some drugstores have them, too.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

Andrea S
04-08-2003, 08:16 AM
I like the gerber bags best. You can get them at target, babys r us and I have also seen them at most drug stores. Look out for coupons I have gotten a lot of $1.00 off ones from Gerber.

Edited to say: With the PIS bags you can pump right into the bag. I tried this once, but I found it easier to pump into bottle than put in bag.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

MinnieMouse
04-08-2003, 08:38 AM
Another vote for the Gerber bags. They were the best. I pumped/stored/froze and fed (using Avent disposables) with them from 3mo to 12mo. Only lost ONE bag!!!

I pumped into the PIS and the free evenflo bottles I got from the lame hospital diaper bag, transported the EBM home in the bottles then measured out the EBM in the bottles before tranferring to the bags. This worked best for me.

Hint....in the freezer freeze them flat then store them on their sides in date order. This took up MUCH less space in my freezer!

HTH

Christine

heidi_timms
04-08-2003, 01:19 PM
Thank you everyone for your help!

juliasdad
04-08-2003, 09:00 PM
The Gerber bags are our 2nd favorites... we like the Lansinoh bags even better (and both are *much* nicer than the Medela bags). The Lansinoh bags seem sturdier, have a nicer area for writing on (ball point pen works great, whereas on the Gerber bags you really need a felt marker to write well), and they have a double zip as opposed to Gerber's single. They're harder to find, but Target is now carrying them in stores, (I found them once in a WalMart). They're also available online at cvs.com and drugstore.com.

-dan