PDA

View Full Version : When did you stop leaking?

etwahl
04-08-2003, 06:11 PM
When did you stop leaking...or did you? I'm just wondering if I'll stop leaking at some point or if I'll leak throughout the entire nursing experience. Ugh. I went to try on clothes today and talk about depressing. I was up two sizes from my normal and they were still tight. Then trying on tops - well between my big fat roll and the breast pads, nothing looked good.

So I'm wondering now if I'll ever feel pretty again. depressing!

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003

kaitlinsmommy
04-08-2003, 06:32 PM
I still leak a bit at night after 4 months. You will probably leak less as time goes on but it can take awhile. You are very brave to try on clothes so soon. I was definitely not into pp clothes until 2 months after birth. But hang in there - breastfeeding really does help take it off. You will certainly feel pretty again and I'm sure your daughter already thinks you are the most beautiful person in the world.

SAHM to Kaitlin 11-30-02

COElizabeth
04-08-2003, 07:36 PM
I think I pretty much stopped leaking by 3 months or so, maybe a bit earlier. I have already forgotten! Now I really only leak if I have not nursed for a really long time (like the few times he has slept all night or when I had to interrupt nursing for a test). My breasts are also smaller than they were the first couple of months, so those tops may be looser in another month or so.

Elizabeth
Mom to James
9-20-02

lisams
04-08-2003, 07:59 PM
You will feel pretty again!! Just remember what your body has done in the past 10 or so months!! I stopped leaking at about 2 months pp. I still leak once in a while (4 1/2 months pp), and it's usually when she has slept really long at night. Hang in there- it will get better!!

Lisa

August Mom
04-08-2003, 08:35 PM
I stopped leaking for the mostpart when DS was around 6 months. From around 4.5 to 6 months, I didn't need nursing pads during the day, but still needed them at night.

Momof3Labs
04-08-2003, 09:30 PM
My worst leaking ended around 2 months. I still leak first thing in the morning if I am not wearing a bra, but once I feed Colin I'm in pretty good shape. I don't wear bra pads anymore.

And, yes, it is awfully early to be trying on new clothes! Even though I was bf'ing (and still am), my weight loss plateaued with an extra 10 pounds to go by around 3 weeks. Finally at 3-4 months, I started losing again and now have 3-4 pounds to go, and I can fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans. Shirts are another story - these bf'ing machines are too much to pack into many of my old shirts!!

As they always say - it took you 9 months to put it all on, give yourself 9 months to take it all off. It's hard, but so worth it!!

C99
04-09-2003, 09:51 AM
5 weeks, although when it gets close to feeding time and I miss it, they will leak again.

mamahill
04-09-2003, 11:20 AM
I leaked for a while (though the Micronor helped), but I just wnated to say that you WILL feel pretty again.

I was amazed that at 2 months postpartum, I only had 5 pounds to lose still, but I wore pants 2 sizes up. It was amazing to me how the bones really do shift. I ended up getting a couple larger pairs, and a couple pairs of stretch-chinos or jeans at Old Navy. That really helped. Then, over the course of the next few months, about once a week I would try on my "skinny" pants. I forgot a couple weeks, and then one day, I tried my original pants, and they were too big! :O Needless to say, that was a glorious day. We went shopping!

My birthday was 5 weeks postpartum, and I told everyone that all I wanted were things to make me feel girly and pretty. As a result, I got perfume, lotions, make-up, facial stuff, etc. I specifically asked for NO CLOTHES! Just go easy on yourself - you've been through a LOT. Your body has to ease back to its pre-pg size. The most important thing is comfort - do whatever FEELS good.

You're doing great!!

ginalc
04-09-2003, 01:37 PM
Try some fun striped or printed blouses! I bought a few from L.L.Bean called "french sailor" shirts. They drape beautifully over my elastic-waisted pants I bought from Land's End. :-) At 4 months postpartum I can finally fit into my "fat jeans" but sitting down comfortably I prefer a softer sweatpant like the Weekend Wear collection at Land's End.

Also, how about some cool looking exercise pant/top combos. I bought 2 sets after baby #2 and found I felt like walking briskly and exercising more.

Just remember, a month ago you were comfortably filling out clothes that covered a very-pg belly. Think of how far you've come already!!!Until then, cuddle that little bundle of joy and rest assured, a little mascara, lipstick and blusher goes a LONG way in making you feel better!

gina, mom to 3