PDA

View Full Version : Question about Elita Crossover Microfiber Bra

lisams
04-18-2003, 06:43 PM
I'm really interested in the Elita Crossover Bra a few of you have mentioned. Right now I'm using a sports bra that I just pull down to nurse. I really hated dealing with snaps and hooks with the typical nursing bras- I felt like such a clutz!

Does the Elita's band size run pretty true to measurement or does it run small/larger? Right now I'm between a B/C cup size, so would this would work?

It looks really comfy, which is what I'm all about!! :-)

Thanks in advance!
Lisa

Sandy
04-19-2003, 06:16 AM
Hi Lisa,
I have both the Elita crossover microfiber and cotton bra. I absolutely love them. They are my favorite nursing bra and extremely comfortable. I find that they do run pretty true to size. I am also a B/C cup and they fit fine.

I find them much less fussy than the Bravado, Medela, leading lady bra's. The only other bra that I have found that is as comfortable is the Japanese weekend bra's but I find that for the money they are not as durable.

HTH,
Sandy
mom to Alexander Thor 3/16/02

lisams
04-22-2003, 08:22 PM
Thanks for the advice! One more question- does it have a hook closure in the back or is it like a sports bra that you just pull over your head?

Thanks!
Lisa

mharling
04-22-2003, 11:06 PM
I also wear the Elita Crossover and love it!!! It is like a sports bra that you just pull over your head.

Mary
Mommy to Lane 4/6/03

kfcboston
04-23-2003, 07:58 AM
Can anyone provide a link to this bra?

Katie
Mommy to Charlie, 3/5/03

spu
04-23-2003, 07:59 AM
where can I get one? They sound great! Does it come in black?

susan

twin girls 7.20.02
charlotte & else

Rachels
04-23-2003, 08:21 AM
I LOVE this bra. It's all I wear. It comes in black, white, nude, and floral. I get mine here:

http://store.yahoo.com/sierrablue/elcrosmincam.html

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

August Mom
04-23-2003, 08:23 AM
You can get one here: http://www.sierrablue.com/nurandmatbra.html

And, yes, you can get one in black. :)

kfcboston
04-23-2003, 08:52 AM
Thanks so much for the link, esp. the free shipping! Just ordered two, so we'll see!

Katie
Mommy to Charlie, 3/5/03

spu
04-24-2003, 04:45 PM
how do you know what cup size they fit? It looks like you can order it by band size. I wear the Bravado M+ and was last measured as a 36DD. Would the 36 elita fit? When the cups are pulled down, to they dig in at all?

Do you like the cotton or the microfibre?

thanks!

susan

twin girls 7.20.02
charlotte & else

Sandy
04-24-2003, 09:39 PM
Susan,
I find that the cotton one has more give than the microfibre one. I would recommend that you start with the cotton one instead of the microfibre one. I think the microfibre one would dig in more than the cotton one. They are both great but I think for your cup size the cotton would work better. Also I found that my cup size stabilized a bit after about 6 months of breastfeeding. It was enormous at one point and finally settled at a C (which made me very happy as my shirts started fitting better).

HTH,
Sandy

kfcboston
05-07-2003, 07:01 AM
Just got my two microfiber bras yesterday, after a bit of delay due to some miscommunication about one of the bras I ordered being out of stock in floral. But they did give me a 10% on the substitute nude color one! I have that on now, and am tying it out. Very comfortable and seems to stretch well while feeding. Just some minor concern about the cups being big enough, but I think I'm just used to the body-armor appearance of the standard store-bought hook bras!

lisams
05-07-2003, 03:17 PM
I just got mine and agree that it is very comfortable and easy to pull down for nursing. I'm also finding that the cup doesn't cover as well as other bras, though. Earlier I went to nurse my DD and part of my nipple was exposed. I wonder if the cotton one covers better?!

Lisa

Sandy
05-07-2003, 06:24 PM
I think that the cotton ones do cover better. They seem bigger for some reason and have more give than the microfiber ones. I thought I would like the microfiber ones better (and they are great) but I prefer the cotton ones.

Sandy

mharling
05-08-2003, 01:16 AM
I also expected to like the microfiber better, but found that I prefer (OK, love) the cotton.

Mary
Mommy to Lane Michael 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b33928e40550

kfcboston
05-08-2003, 06:20 AM
The cotton ones don't get stretched out? I'm afraid they won't keep their "stretch" after repeated washings and use?

mommyj
05-08-2003, 02:48 PM
I just got my Elite Crossover in the mail yesterday and I love it! I have a big rib cage and a small cup size, so the microfiber one fits perfectly.
Do any of you know if other websites sell the cotton ones in a 40? I prefer cotton, but Sierrablue only has cotton ones up to size 38. I guess they didn't think of poor women like me who have a football player-sized ribcage!

mharling
05-09-2003, 01:36 AM
So far it's fine, but I've only been wearing for about 4 weeks. I wear it 2-3 days/week and it gets washed between each wearing. It seems pretty sturdy.

Mary

spu
05-09-2003, 08:36 AM
I just ordered 2 in size 36 - a cotton and a microfibre. They sound great. I'll post back once they arrive.

susan

twin girls 7.20.02
charlotte & else

Sandy
05-09-2003, 11:56 AM
I would try e-mailing sierra blue and letting them know that you are interested in a size 40 in the cotton. They may be able to get one for you or at least if they know there is interest they may start stocking them. :0)
Sandy

Sandy
05-09-2003, 11:57 AM
I have had mine for 9 months now and they are still fine. They have not lost their stretch at all. I wash them several times a week.

HTH,
Sandy

mharling
05-09-2003, 12:58 PM
I researched and found multiple sites that had just 32, 34, 36 & 38. I eventually found Elita's site and it doesn't appear that they make it bigger than 38.

http://www.elita.com/html_en/en_prod003.html

Sorry, but HTH to know!

Mary

dueinmay
05-09-2003, 02:36 PM
Mommyj,

Hi! I've been considering trying the Elita Crossover. I've heard many good things, but I have such a hard time finding a bra that fits. I have similar measurements to yours, I think (38 or 40 and now a C cup, probably D when the baby comes & I start nursing). I find it hard to find the right size AND get the support I want. (Despite the smaller cup size, I like strong support, and have always been an underwire-only wearer. I'm going to miss underwire!

Anyway, do you know how the Elita compares to the Bravado, or other bras you've tried, in terms of fit and support? My complaint about the Bravado was 1) not enough support, 2) straps didn't shorten enough, 3) fabric from sides of cups bunched up under my arms. So far the only bra I've liked is the Mimi Maternity microfiber without underwire, though that isn't quite right either, and is rather expensive! But we'll see once the baby arrives . . .

I'd be interested in your experiences and recommendations. Thanks!!

Rebecca
#1 due 5-13-03

mommyj
05-09-2003, 05:31 PM
Hi, Rebecca.
I've only been wearing my Crossover for a few days, but I think that's long enough to be able to answer your questions. This bra is really comfortable, but it doesn't provide very much support. Up until I got this, I've been wearing an old sports bra, and I think that one actually provided more support. I'm used to wearing bras without much support, so I really love the Crossover. But, the cups were smaller than I'd expected.
I haven't tried the Bravado or any other nursing or maternity bras. Sorry I can't be of more help! You might want to do a search on bras on this site, because there must be some reviews of different bras by other moms who know much more than I do. I noticed your baby is due before mine is, so if you have any recommendations once your baby is born, I would love to hear about them. Thanks!
Good luck in your bra search!

Jami
(#1 due 7/31/03)

mommyj
05-09-2003, 05:33 PM
Thanks for trying to help me try to find a cotton 40! Maybe I will email Sierrablue. Or, if anyone can recommend another brand of bra that would be good for someone with big ribs and a small cup size, I would love to hear it. Thanks!

Jami

sherryh
05-09-2003, 11:15 PM
A good bra for smaller cup sizes is the Melinda G Bra. Here is a link:

http://shop.nurturecenter.com/melgmatbra.html

It is very soft and comfortable. The cup sizes run small, so order a size bigger than you normally would (a perk with this bra!!).

SherryH