PDA

View Full Version : Maternity Panty hose

Laila
04-20-2003, 01:01 AM
does anyone know of maternity panty hose? I have a wedding to go to when I'll be 7.5 months prego.

Momof3Labs
04-20-2003, 07:12 AM
Both Sears and Motherhood carry them, I believe. Or, wear regular pantyhose but roll the waist down below your belly (probably depends on how big you are by then).

Or, wear a pant suit and go with knee high pantyhose - that's how I got through my pregnancy without having to wear maternity pantyhose!

kfcboston
04-20-2003, 08:35 AM
Based on a review I saw here, I slightly splurged on a pair from Pea in a Pod - about $9 or so. I can't remember the exact name of them, although it's one word and a short word. The package is white I think with black lettering. It was worth it for my shower (tho only time I wore them!).........bad-fitting nylons can ruin a day! And these looked nice too.

Katie
Mommy to Charlie, 3/5/03

momtoemma
04-20-2003, 09:00 AM
I also got mine from Pea in the Pod. I think the brand may have been LEI??? Not sure about that but they were the best panty hose! Nice and stretchy and very comfortable. I even wore them after my pregnancy until I finally had to throw them away. The ones from Motherhood were awful. Mine were so tight and they got a hole in them the first time I wore them.

Stephanie

houseof3boys
04-20-2003, 01:47 PM
I had a wedding at 7.5 months too and I just went up 2 sizes in regular Hanes pantyhose and folded them over at the waist so they were really low and comfortable. I was very comfortable at the wedding and wore them for about 5 hours! I bought the maternity pantyhose for work and hated them as I started to get bigger. Have fun at the wedding!

brubeck
04-20-2003, 04:38 PM
The problem with maternity pantyhose is that there is no spandex in them and they tend to sag. There is also a lack of control on top, to the point where they roll down a lot.

I found that until I was in my last month I could get away with queen-sized panty-hose of my normal brand. These were somewhat cheaper than maternity hose as well. But try it first because if it is too small for you you'll want to find out BEFORE the wedding.

sntm
04-20-2003, 05:32 PM
Do NOT get the belly basics pantyhose. spent $9 on a pair which I initially wore when I was only 4 1/2 months and they were terrible! rolled down the at the waist and the crotch would work its way down and I was definitely within the height/weight recommendations.

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03

lukkykatt
04-20-2003, 07:33 PM
I think that I used Hanes maternity pantyhose, when I was working. They were ok for everyday use, but you might want something nicer for a wedding. BUT, towards the end, when I was getting bigger and the weather getting warmer, I used thigh high stockings, which were great. One less band going around your waist! I forgot what kind I got, but they were really nice, and you didn't mind spending the money on them because you could always use them afterwards too. I highly recommend trying them.

cecsheets
04-21-2003, 09:49 AM
I've only had to wear pantyhose twice while preggo. But I really liked the ones at Sears. They're only about $5 and give nice belly support!

Christine edd 6/23/03

Laila
04-21-2003, 08:24 PM
Thanks everyone

I think I will try Pea in the Pod Lei?

daisymommy
04-22-2003, 06:50 AM
Get some thigh highs!I always wore them before DS was born because regular waist high nylons gave me stomach cramps. When I was pregnant I just went up one size to plus size. This way, there is nothing over top of your belly, and you feel pretty sexy too! (something rare when you're pregnant.) My favorite believe it or not were from Walmart--Kathie Lee Silkie Sheer Thigh highs. They have a lace covered elastic stay put band that has yet to slip down, but isn't too tight or uncomfortable either. I can wear them for hours (and no saggy legs or crotch!).
HTH,

heva
04-22-2003, 09:08 AM
THIGH HIGHS ROCK! I got into wearing them in college when my roommate went through a stockings and garter phase, which never really worked for me. Try Donna Karan's "the nudes" - they are so comfortable, you'll forget you're wearing them! And unlike pantyhose, they're not hot. The elastic band at the top of the stocking has a slightly sticky-feeling plastic that keeps the hose securely in place without squeezing your thigh, so there are no lines at all. DOWN WITH PANTYHOSE!!! }>

bethwl
04-22-2003, 10:31 AM
I think the brand some posts were referring to is HUE. I have a pair and they work well. They don't roll down or sag. You can get them at Pea in the Pod and probably major department stores (I got mine at the maternity boutique at Marshall Fields).

Laila
04-25-2003, 12:00 AM
OK, OK,

Thigh highs seem better. My 2nd trimester maternity pants are already bothering me. They are the panel kind, with regular material below that pinches. I will try the Donna Karan. Thanks gals

TLC1994
05-04-2004, 08:14 PM
Hope I'm not too late with my post...

I'm also in the market for maternity nylons and I remember from my 1st pregnancy that JCPenney carries them - but it seems like it's catalog only.

I need some now (almost 4.5 mo) but regular ones are already a bit uncomfortable - they seem to cut in to my belly. I think I might try the thigh high ones myself, just hope they're not too tight around the leg.

lag555
05-05-2004, 11:01 AM
When I was expecting, I bought Berkshire Maternity Pantyhose and I highly recommend them. They are pretty comfortable. (Well, as comfortable as panythose can be when you look and feel like a hippopotamus.)

But seriously, I would check them out. You can order them online at www.barenecessities.com. (To view them, click on the hosiery tab on top. Then search for maternity pantyhose and you'll find it.)

The only caveat is that they might not be sheer/elegant enough for a dressy occasion.

Other than that, I agree with the thigh high idea.

Aggie

cara1
05-12-2004, 11:06 PM
Are there online places to get those thigh highs? I think they will annoy me, but right now regular pantyhose annoy me too. Especially now that it's getting warm. I actually wore knee-highs with a long dress today. I felt like such a dork. I was self conscious all day because I knew the elastic kept showing at the top!

lag555
05-13-2004, 12:33 PM
I know exactly what you mean about the dorky knee highs.

If you want to buy thigh highs online, you can try Berkshire's web site (www.eberkshire.com). Also, www.barenecessities.com looks like it has a nice selection. You can go to www.haneshosiery.com to get a list of online places to buy hanes hosiery, or you can buy online at www.onehanesplace.com, but I wasn't so impressed with the navigability or selecton on the site.

HTH!
Aggie

cara1
05-18-2004, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the info. Seemed pricey, so I ended up going to Walmart and buying a pair. They were out of the Kathie Lee ones, so I bought something by George or something like that. They had the sticky stuff at the top.

Blech! I had them on for about 5 min before work this morning, and thank goodness I took them off. How annoying! I don't know how you other folks tolerate them. Anyway, i think pantyhose is hardest in the beginning when the belly is just getting big and the elastic is sitting on the expanding uterus. I put on a loose pair of pantyhose today, and now that I'm bigger, they rode a bit lower and it wasn't so bad.

mollys
05-23-2004, 12:25 AM
I bought a queen size in my regular kind. I wear the support kind from Pennys in tall, so I bought a queen tall. They worked just fine and I felt like my legs were getting support. The Motherhood ones are AWFUL - they were too short and ran the first time I pulled them on.

wreckgirl1
05-24-2004, 10:05 PM
I wore maternity pantyhose 4/7 days during my last trimester...and I was HUGE at the end. Good maternity pantyhose is worth it! I'm not a huge fan of the Motherhood pantyhose, but they work fine for a day and you can get them at all Motherhood stores. Sadly, my favorite brand, No Nonsense's Renew, was just discontinued a few months ago. I still have 1 pair in the package that I am hoarding until my next pregnancy!

For those of you who need to buy lots of pantyhose or are just looking for a pair or two for cheap to have around, I found them quite often new in the package at baby consignment stores (I can't imagine a consignment store selling any used!).

Cynthia

anuta
06-02-2004, 01:35 PM
I wore pantyhose throughout pregnancy since I favor skirts. Regular pantyhose gets uncomfortable at 7.5 months IMHO. I liked Motherhood Maternity ones, I got the ones with maximum support and they were very comfortable, really good for swelling in the feet. I think they were about $6/pair, but really worth it and lasted long.