PDA

View Full Version : Nursing Bras 38D at week 36

Jen841
04-25-2003, 07:30 AM
It is time for me to get a few. I wore a 36D before being pregnant, and now (at week 36) I am wearing a 38D. Any suggestions on supportive brands/models for bigger chested women? I like a lot of support, but HATE industrial strength looking bras. Normally I would prefer the Body by Victoria Bras, but they don't make nursing bras darn it.

Thank you for your help!

flagger
04-25-2003, 08:51 AM
Ms. Flagger is pretty well endowed both cup and chest size too. We bought two from www.breakoutbras.com a night nursing (front closure) and a Bravado!. We sent the Bravado back because she didn't think it would fit after her milk came in.

The facilitator at our BF class recommended getting one after delivery anyway as you really don't know what your breasts will do. They have a woman in the lac center who does the fittings even if you don't buy from them.

BTW, breakoutbras was quick with their shipping. If they hadn't been on vacation for Easter, I think we would have received the bras even sooner. They are in SC, so mail to NC only took one day!

stillplayswithbarbies
04-25-2003, 11:27 AM
What you are looking for does not exist. I have been looking for the same thing.

I settled on www.decentexposures.com and a Bravado. The Bravado is more supportive, but it barely fits me.

I was a 38D before pregnancy and I am a 38H now. The Decent Exposures has a wide comfortable band and comfy cups. But you don't get the separation and lift, so you look kind of round and squished. Same with the Bravado.

I would wait until after delivery. My band size was up during pregnancy and then went back down afterwards.

...Karen
Jake age 12
Logan Elizabeth 3/25/03

nat12
04-29-2003, 02:58 PM
I've always been a 36C-D and I haven't grown much bigger, strangely enough, but I definitely need the support and always wear underwire bras. I've bought a few underwire nursing bras (2 of which I bought at Motherhood, they have a pretty large selection) but wanted to have 1 or 2 soft cups to wear to bed in case of leaking. I was planning on buying the Playtex Expectant Moments bra because I read so many good reviews on it but when I went to the store (a Warner/Playtex/Hanes outlet store) I tried on the Playtex and a new one that they just started selling a month ago by Bali Intl. They both fit pretty good but I went with the Bali which has a feature that allows you to extend the cup size a bit if you find you need to, and I just liked it a little better and it looks pretty nice. I was surprised and very happy with how supportive both bras were.

Natalie
edd 6/2/03

sweetbasil
04-29-2003, 04:43 PM
Jen,
I went from a 36B to a 36DD-E (you know, the one boob bigger than the other issue ;)) when my milk came in with DS#1. I was always an underwire girl, and still am, but NOT when nursing. My first nursing bras were from Motherhood, and I got underwire b/c that's what I'd always done. I'll spare you the details, but when I called my LC crying, she came over and upon seeing my bras, told me to throw them all away and go to a lactation specialty shop that sold bras. I was fitted in specific bras (all privacy was lost once baby was born anyway!), and bought three or four that offer plenty of support minus the underwire. One had little plastic clips and the cups attached above the breast on the strap; another had three hook-and-eyes down the center, and a third had a hook-and-eye set on the strap also. They were pretty pricey, but well worth it. I was also happy with the sports bras that JCPenney.com sold, and had two of those for exercising in. I try to shop online as much as possible, but definitely found it to my benefit to get fitted...

People always say how important it is to be fitted for a bra when you're NOT pregnant, so I'd guess it's at least as important to do when your cup size has changed and milk has come in.

Unfortunately, I threw them all away a few weeks ago- they were majorly stained from being in storage (even after repeated washings), and I thought my cups might be even different this time around. Fortunately, that shop is still there, so I'll be going there in the next few weeks and doing some preliminary nursing bra shopping....

HTH :)