PDA

View Full Version : where to buy bottle lids?

stillplayswithbarbies
04-26-2003, 04:31 PM
In preparation for returning to work, I've been pumping milk. I bought some bottles to pump into and store the milk in the same bottles. I have the 6 that came with my Ameda Purely Yours pump, and I bought some plain Evenflo and Gerber bottles. Some of them didn't come with the little disk that makes a lid! They have a nipple and cap to go over it, but no disk to make a watertight lid, so I can't use them. I thought all bottles came with the disks, but I guess that has changed since I did this 12 years ago. :)

Does anyone know where to buy just the disks? I don't want to buy the expensive Ameda bottles, but I like the convenience of pumping, storing, and feeding all in the same bottle.

...Karen
Jake age 12
Logan Elizabeth 3/25/03

egoldber
04-26-2003, 04:40 PM
You can get the here: http://www.babysupermall.com/main/products/eve/eve20112.html but their shipping is usually outrageous. Have you checked BRU?

HTH,

stillplayswithbarbies
04-26-2003, 06:11 PM
Thank you! I had been searching on "lids", I didn't know they were called "sealing discs".

I don't have a BRU nearby. My only options are ToysRUs and WalMart. I'll check WalMart before I order online.

...Karen
Jake age 12
Logan Elizabeth 3/25/03

LD92599
04-26-2003, 06:51 PM
I purchased a package of 4 Evenflo BM bottles at BRU ($3.99) and they came with lids/discs. I think i've seen them in TRU also.

Laura
mom to William 3.5.2003

stillplayswithbarbies
05-04-2003, 04:15 PM
I just wanted to update everyone on what I found, in case someone else is in this same situation.

I went to the Evenflo website and looked up the Sealing Discs. It has a link to find local retailers, and I called all of them and none of them carry these. So I called Evenflo and explained that I was disappointed that bottles don't come with lids anymore. She asked if one pack would be enough or did I need two and of course I said two. They are sending me 2 packs of 10 discs, for free.

I found at Target a four-pack of "breastmilk storage bottles" that come with the lids and sealing discs, but no nipples. That's good, because I don't need the nipples anyway. I bought their entire stock, 4 sets of 4 bottles each.

This is crazy. I don't know why bottles don't come with the sealing discs anymore. Don't they leak in your diaper bag when you have them already filled and ready to feed the baby? Twelve years ago when I did this, I'd have the nipple in the bottle upside down and the sealing disc over it so it was watertight.

...Karen
Jake age 12
Logan Elizabeth 3/25/03

BeverlyJ
05-06-2003, 06:40 PM
It looks like you are taken care of, but I wanted to pass along a place I found to buy 1-piece bottle caps for standard thread bottles like Whittlestone, Medela, Ameda, etc. (see link below)

http://store.yahoo.com/ishipitnow/momtobabmils.html

HTH,

BeverlyJ

daisymommy
05-07-2003, 09:30 AM
For anyone who is pumping into or using Avent bottles, you can buy sealing disks to convert them into milk storage containers as well. They are very hard to find, but here's a great site I ordered then off of:
http://www.mommygear.com/avent.htm

You can also buy a pack of 4 Avent "Breastmilk Storage Containers" which are really just 4oz. bottles with sealing disks rather than nipples and caps. I have found it's much cheaper to buy the bottles, and then some sealing disks to go on them.

tylerr25
05-08-2003, 08:39 AM
Hi there--

I know I bought a large package of bottle lids at Babies R Us...which means they probably also carry them at Toys R Us...and I also have seen them at Burlington Coat Factory.

I also bought Gerber milk storage bags. They are clear plastic zip lock closing bags with ounch measurements printed on them and a place to write the date and any unusual foods you may have eaten that day (to keep track in case your baby reacts differently to the milk). Also, they were easier to use than others and a good bit cheaper than many other brands. I think I bought them at Target.

Good Luck