PDA

View Full Version : I NEED an air freshener!!!

SASM
04-27-2003, 10:43 AM
Sorry in advance for the disgusting topic.

Help! Ian's poop has been smelling like VOMIT lately and I am having problems tolerating it :-( I have been super-sensitive to scents lately, almost as if I was pregnant again...NOT!! What do you use to help combat the offensive baby scents? DH just sprays room deodorizer but it just makes the room more offensive!

Sorry...I thought that I was in "Baby Butts" Please help me.

Rachels
04-27-2003, 11:10 AM
What kind of diaper pail do you have? It sounds like it isn't containing smells very well. One thing I do for particularly offensive diapers is to tie them up in plastic bread bags before putting them in the diaper pail. That seems to work really well. Also, some places sell baby-powder-scented bags for disposing of icky diapers. HTH!

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

SASM
04-27-2003, 12:08 PM
Hi Rachel,

I am not using the diaper pail at the moment (Diaper Genie). I don't have an issue once they are "wrapped up", it is just during the process of changing the diaper that it bothers me. Unfortunately, that amount of time is getting longer and longer, as Ian is finding that kicking his legs while he is sans diaper is fun! Not fun for Mommy and Daddy since his bum is still dirty!!

Momof3Labs
04-27-2003, 04:41 PM
Sharyn, try putting him on his belly when you are wiping a poopy butt. You might find it easier to get him changed quickly - this worked great for Colin when he was younger (and you don't have to worry about being peed on, either).

Sorry I can't help with the smell - does your DH think that his poop smells different? If so, I'd talk to your ped. If he thinks it is the same, you might just be going through a hormone shift, and hopefully it will end soon!

SASM
04-27-2003, 06:37 PM
Hi Lori,

Thank you! I never thought of that, both positioning and DH's nose. I am excited about the tummy thing because it will give him some bare bum time without spraying me!! :-) Yeah! I will definitely ask my DH.

SASM
04-29-2003, 09:36 AM
Okay, just thought I would add this. I asked my DH if he thought that Ian's poop has been smelling different that usual to him. His reply (totally serious, mind you), "Yeah...you know...it has been smelling like frosting." FROSTING???? Geez ~ I want HIS nose!!!! He is so serious, too! With every diaper change he smells it to "make sure". Holy cow...What happened to my husband????? This is the same man who cracked up because I thought that his microwaved oatmeal with bananas smelled like raw meat throughout the pregnancy (I will admit that sounds strange but hopefully only those experiencing pregnancy can understand).

Thanks!

Rachels
04-29-2003, 10:25 AM
LOL. My nose went kazoo when I was pregnant, too. Chicken was totally intolerable as a food, and the SMELL of chicken was almost worse. It was totally forbidden around here. DH rather wistfully told me once that he missed chicken, and I nearly threw up on his shoes.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

casey118
05-01-2003, 12:06 AM
Back to the smell- my DS's poop has also smelled like vomit for the past two days (1 poop each day). This is a new smell. Should I be concerned? Has this happened to anyone else? He is 5 months old and eats a little bit of rice cereal and breastmilk only. Thanks.