PDA

View Full Version : Price increase on Purely Yours? Ugh . . .

dueinmay
04-29-2003, 12:40 PM
Why did I procrastinate? Read the post a week or so ago about the PY w/o tote for $120 at mothersmilk.com and today was ready to order. Now it is $163, and that seems to be the lowest price I can find. :( Anybody know of another sale out there? I've learned my lesson and won't wait around to buy this time!!

Thanks!!

Rebecca
#1 due 5-13-03

Ti Lung
04-29-2003, 03:48 PM
It is a bit tricky but I think you have to go into the icon and click. Depends where you click on the website, it's $120 one place and $163 another. Pretty weird...

dueinmay
04-30-2003, 07:47 AM
Ti,

Thanks -- I tried, but still just get the $163 price. Last week I was able to add it to the cart for $120 but unfortunately didn't save it . . . Any other ideas?

Otherwise, I guess this is a $43 lesson in why not to procrastinate! :(

Rebecca
#1 due 5-13-03

stillplayswithbarbies
04-30-2003, 11:50 AM
If it really is a price increase, you can get the whole kit for that price, so there is no reason to buy just the pump from that site. Maybe if you emailed them and told them that, they would honor the old price?

...Karen
Jake age 12
Logan Elizabeth 3/25/03

Ti Lung
04-30-2003, 02:27 PM
Ditto. If you did a Deal Time search, you will see that Baby Bungalow (I believe), at least as of 2 weeks ago, was offering the whole deal for about $170, including a car adaptor!! Better deal than no tote for $163.

I did try the mothersmilk website and you're right -- the price didn't switch back like it used to. I would email and call Heidi, the Registered Nurse, and let her know, like Karen suggested. Otherwise, go for the whole enchilada (spelling?)!!!

HTH!

dueinmay
04-30-2003, 05:58 PM
Thanks, both of you, for the suggestions. I did email Heidi (haven't heard back yet), but alas, I can't find any site still offering the pump w/ tote for $170 (now the lowest price on DealTime -- still Baby Bungalow -- is $199)! Eek -- I feel like I'm watching stock prices on the NASDAQ (in the 'old days'). Do I order now, in case it goes up another $40 by tomorrow? (Just kidding) :)

Rebecca
#1 due 5-13-03

mom03
05-01-2003, 10:33 AM
Rebecca,

I'm in the same position as you are...I wanted to purchase the Purely Yours for the sale price of $120 but have been putting it off. Now the price is back to $163! What a bummer:( I've been looking around and it seems all the Purely Yours (breast pump only) are all now priced at $163 while the ones with tote at $199. I'm just wondering if you could let me know what Heidi says once you hear back from her. If the price is still at $120 (somehow), I will buy it immediately! No more putting off. Have learned my lessson. Thanks in advance.

Chris
Expecting a boy 6/10/03

stillplayswithbarbies
05-01-2003, 12:10 PM
Here is where I got mine, from this seller on eBay. It is $166 + $10 shipping for the whole kit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20406&item=2320448421

...Karen
Jake age 12
Logan Elizabeth 3/25/03

dueinmay
05-02-2003, 11:09 AM
Hi Karen,

Thanks for that link! That would be a very good deal - I might as well get the tote and adapter at that price, compared to $163 for w/o!

I've never bought anything off eBay, believe it or not . . . I've always been confused about the bidding and a little worried about whether a product is used or new, etc., but I think I may give it a try!

Thanks again, Karen! :)

Rebecca
#1 due 5-13-03

dueinmay
05-02-2003, 11:15 AM
Hi Chris,

Ah, so I'm not the only one . . . Yeah, it's such a frustrating feeling! Well, I just got an email from Heidi this morning, but it does not clarify matters much. First she said yes, there has been a price increase, but she would give me the earlier price; HOWEVER, she said the total would be "$160, including shipping." Uh, $40 in shipping for a one pound pump?! And that comes out to just $3 less than the $163 (plus free shipping) she is now advertising. The earlier deal was $120 w/ free shipping, as you know. So, I wrote back, and I will let you know what happens! In the meantime, I am trying to tell myself that if I do learn a lesson from this, it will be a good thing (I'm such a procrastinator!).

Good luck with the rest of your shopping! :)

Rebecca
#1 due 5-13-03

stillplayswithbarbies
05-02-2003, 11:16 AM
That one is definitely brand new. It is a business, not some person selling off theirs. :) Since it is set up as a "Buy It Now", there is no bidding involved, you just click to buy it.

You could probably email the seller using the "Ask seller a question" link and he could talk you through the process.

...Karen
Jake age 12
Logan Elizabeth 3/25/03

himom
05-02-2003, 03:01 PM
Be careful! If I were you I wouldn't buy the pump from this website!!!

The baby's crying so I have to go but I'll put up a second post in a new thread ASAP to tell you why.

Mommy to Joshua Keoni, 2/8/03

mamicka
05-03-2003, 05:04 PM
I don't know anything about this website but I just stumbled upon this & knew some of you were trying to find a good price.

[http://www.readyforbaby.com/productMom.asp?dept%5Fid=2021&pf%5Fid=76%2D001&mscssid=0J8ARTBB6KQB9H22G8UXQ40K3TTJ27C2]

Purely Yours for $149.

mom03
05-04-2003, 06:07 AM
Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for your response. I hope to hear about Heidi's reply. I'm not sure what's up with the $40 shipping but she might as well have told you that the price is now $163 with free shipping. I was putting off the purchase partly because I wasn't really 100% sure yet if that's the breast pump I want to get but I know that's the price I wanted to pay:) Also, it would have been nice if the website had listed until when the sale price would last. That way I would have made sure that I decided before the dateline. Oh well...

The one that Karen listed appears to be a pretty good buy too but like you, I've never purchased anything on ebay. I'm not really keen on starting but we'll see.

Thanks again for your reply.
Chris
Expecting a boy 6/10/03

dueinmay
05-05-2003, 05:25 PM
Himom, thanks for alerting us to your awful experience w/ this vendor (I just read your thread with all the details). This definitely makes me reconsider buying from Heidi, at any price!

Chris, FYI, I heard back from Heidi last night about the $160 price. That is for the pump WITH tote. I wrote back and clarified, again, I am interested in the one w/o for $120. She seems to take a couple days to write back, so I don't know when she'll respond about that. And of course, in the meantime, I read the posts from Himom and Ti Lung, so now I am not sure what I'll do.

I've done a little more price-searching. The lowest I have found so far for the pump w/o tote is $159 w/ free UPS. This ties the price through the link one of our helpful posters above provided (that was $149 plus $10 shipping). So, no outstanding deals have yet materialized. I am going to keep hunting a little longer, but really must buy this in the next few days! I'll keep you posted . . .

Thanks again to everyone who has helped with this search! :)

Rebecca
#1 due 5-13-03

dueinmay
05-06-2003, 05:02 PM
Chris, here is an update, if you are still pondering whether/where/when to order:

Still haven't heard back from Heidi. This, combined with the trouble others on the board had with receiving their pumps promptly, ultimately convinced me that it's not worth trying to deal with her. (If she does write back, though, I will post & let you know what price she is offering).

I decided to order through motheringwithease.com. I bought a nursing pillow through this site and was very pleased with the service; I'd recommend it. Their price is $159 w/o tote, free UPS shipping, plus you can enter a coupon code (off-5%) for 5% off. My total was 151.05. Not a stellar deal, but not bad, and it should ship the next day.

Rebecca :)
#1 due 5-13-03
(Exactly one week!)

mom03
05-07-2003, 10:20 AM
Rebecca,

Thanks again for your reply. I'm still thinking/pondering about which pump and where to get it. I'm going to check out the website you listed and try to go from there. I don't think I'm going to buy from Heidi either seeing she has been so slow with her reply and after reading the other thread as well.

Thank you so much for your help again. And all the best with labor day:) I envy you and wish I have one week left instead of 5 weeks. I feel like I'm bursting at the seam already:) Let us know how it goes.

Chris
Expecting a boy 6/10/03

dueinmay
05-08-2003, 09:15 AM
Hi Chris,

"Labor Day" -- I like that! :)

Well, here's the update on the update -- good news, kind of! I just heard from Heidi this morning, and she said that she will honor the old price ($120). As you know, I already ordered mine from Mothering With Ease, so I'm not going to go for it, but it's certainly the lowest price around, if you are still interested in ordering from Heidi. (I believe everybody did eventually receive their pumps; if you don't need it until June, maybe Heidi is still an option. The price is right!) Otherwise, as I said, I think the site I ordered from is very reliable & I'd recommend them. We'll soon see -- I should be receiving my pump soon!

Hang in there! The last month or so has passed like a blur for me. Maybe because I had left all my shopping to do until then and was frantically trying to catch up . . . :)

Rebecca
#1 due 5-13-03