PDA

View Full Version : Milk at night triggers vomiting?

tzuchang
04-30-2003, 06:40 PM
DS is 14 months, and we have been giving him warm milk before bed time. Recently, after a few sips of milk, DS vomits. I don't know if this is trigged by milk. Has anyone experienced this? Thanks!

brubeck
04-30-2003, 07:02 PM
I went through this for a month. It happened to co-incide with my daughter's first molars coming in (at about the same age as your son), and it disappeared right after.

Essentially it started out as you are describing: she would vomit at night after having had milk. This later became vomiting in the day, and eventually got to include all liquids (although solids were still okay). We basically ended up giving her 1/3 her normal amount of milk everytime to keep it down.

This is a strong teething reaction, and by the time the ped and I were getting really worried about it the problem went away on its own. However whether or not teething is the issue with your child, if the vomiting is regular you probably want to see your ped, even if only for peace of mind.

Good luck! I know how stressful this can be!

tzuchang
04-30-2003, 07:07 PM
Thank you for sharing your experience. We having been going crazy with this problem, and I kept thinking it's because we over fed DS. But now I see this is only temporaray, and I feel much better! Thanks again!

brubeck
04-30-2003, 07:18 PM
Just to let you know, I am not a doctor, and it may be something else with your son. I'm just relating what happened to me.

However I did experience the same thing. It is likely not overfeeding if you have only given him a few sips of milk. Is he getting his molars?

tzuchang
05-01-2003, 12:49 AM
DS is due for his check up next week, so I will certainly bring this up to my ped's attention. I don't know if he is getting his molars, but I'll go check on them. Thanks for your suggestion.