PDA

View Full Version : Telewill/Lesa -- how are you doing? (was "on and off again pain in right breast)

posterelle
05-02-2003, 09:49 AM
Are you still in pain? I posted earlier about my "on and off again pain in right breast" & you were having similar symptoms.

My advice is: SEE A LACTATION CONSULTANT! I finally did, & while she said I may have some yeast (thrush) going on, there were also lots of things to correct in my latch, positioning, etc.

My son's been gaining weight beautifully, & my latch *looked* great, a doula approved it & everything, but it really wasn't ok, & that prob. contributed to yeast & pain. (btw, her recommendation for yeast -- for me -- was to try to get our systems in order w/acidopholus, rather than to treat the thrush itself. but that's specific to us.)

There's really no substitute for seeing an expert, & bfeeding is so tricky to diagnose w/out seeing what's going on. So if you can possibly get to a L.C., I really would. (now if I could only find a Sleep Consultant . . . )

I really hope things are going better for you!

telewill
05-02-2003, 11:11 PM
Hello. I've been too busy to post! :) My pain is much better. I'm not 100 percent...about 90 percent though.

I did see an LC a few weeks ago. Her help combined with the pediatrician got me through. I had some latch issues too. It was worth seeing the LC just to learn how to nurse my DD lying down! My doctor also recommended acidophilus to me as well...good to hear others are using that too.

Email me if you want to discuss more. :) [email protected]