PDA

View Full Version : Bad Experience With mothersmilkbreastfeeding.com

himom
05-02-2003, 04:51 PM
Here’s a rant for ya...(LONG)

I ordered the Purely Yours pump from Heidi at Mother’s Milk Breastfeeding Supplies about three weeks ago and I have had nothing but problems ever since.

I ordered the pump and paid for it via Paypal in and didn’t hear anything for a while. Finally three days later I got another bill from Paypal for $15 shipping to Hawaii. Since the site says “free shipping on all orders” and “UPS ground to all 50 USA states” you would think the shipping is free, right? Not so. I wrote her and complained about the new bill and also noted that I needed the pump ASAP since I was going back to work. No response until two days later. She insists that shipping to Hawaii is more and she can’t use UPS so she has to charge extra. I get shipments UPS ground all the time, so this makes no sense to me, but I really, really needed the pump.

So, that same day I sent her a $15 payment via Paypal again, along with an email note telling her I’ve started working and am in desperate need of the pump and for her to please send it ASAP. I receive no response.

Two more days pass. She finally writes and asks me if I still want the pump and says it will take 5-6 days to ship. I immediately write back “yes” and ask her to send it ASAP and let me know when it was shipped. I get an email from her one week later along with the email addresses of 14 of her other customers (she wrote to us all with the same message and didn’t bother to “blind” the other customers addresses). That was pretty annoying, since the last thing I needed was to have my email sent to 14 strangers, but that’s another story. Anyway, this bulk email indicated that our items had been shipped and we could expect them to arrive within 5-10 days of the day we paid.

Do I sound frustrated enough? I am, because it’s now three weeks since I initially ordered and I still don’t have my pump! Arggggh!!!!

Oh, oh! And the “free telephone support from neonatal registered nurse” number doesn’t work. The “FREE 54+ page reimbursement guide and new mom kit” is actually just an email with the web links to Medela, Pampers, Infamil, American Baby, parenting.com, etc.

I was actually semi-patiently putting up with all this rubbish and waiting for the pump, when I saw some of your posts and saw that others were about to order from her! I guess that set me off.

If you still think ordering from her is worth it, go for it. I just wanted to share so you’d all have an idea of what may happen. I should note that I paid the original $120 (plus and extra $15 shipping) but in retrospect I’d rather have ordered from a more reputable company and paid the $163. At least I’d actually be using it by now and I wouldn’t be so stressed out. At this point I’ve had to resort to having my husband bring my baby to my work so I can feed him on my lunch, and I’m spending all my free time desperately trying to come up with enough milk with a manual pump for the other two feedings a day. Last night I didn’t have enough for him and the baby was hungry so DH had to give him sugar water. My poor baby. What a nightmare.....

She also operates pumpingmoms.com and her ebay ID is babykingdom. The site I originally ordered from is mothersmilkbreastfeeding.com.

Thanks for letting me vent! I feel SO much better now.

Ti Lung
05-03-2003, 01:54 PM
I am in the same boat as you are. I ordered the d___ pump on 4/16 and have been emailing her and calling her. Got the same stupid standardized response about 5-10 business day delivery -- what a joke! If I don't get it in a couple of days, I am going to pull the plug with PayPal -- ie you can call/email Pay Pal and complain about the merchandiser and they will try to resolve it. Hope you paid by credit card, like I did, because then after Pay Pal I am going to disupte this charge with the credit card company. I learned my lesson about hoping to land a good deal. I should have just ordered the pump from a very reputable yet more expensive company. What do they say -- when it's too good to be true, it usually is!!!

Ti Lung
05-05-2003, 03:26 PM
Just wanted to follow up with you. Heidi today sent me a UPS tracking slip over the Net, so now it looks like the item is going to get here (we pray)!!. Have you had any luck? Wish you the best of luck in getting your pump SOON!

himom
05-05-2003, 08:58 PM
I finally got my pump!

It has just arrived and the postal receipt shows it was mailed on May 1, which tells a lot of the story. I guess it was just mailed late. I guess three weeks late is better than never. I was beginning to worry about my $135.

I do need to amend the part of the rant where I say there is no “new mom kit.” There were some freebies in the box with the pump. This included a couple of packets from American Baby magazine (coupons, sign up for xxx, etc).

I’m just happy I finally have the pump. I hope you get yours soon, Ti Lung!

Now all I have to do is figure out why I’m not getting much milk, but that’s another thread!
Mommy to Joshua Keoni, 2/8/03