PDA

View Full Version : HELP!I need your insight on this ugently......

liya
05-04-2003, 08:07 AM
I posted this on my last messege "Breastfeeding after Breast Reduction" but thought it would belong better in another thread....:)

Im soooo upset but happy at the same time, i dont know if thats possible but its a mix of emotions right now. Today i went to a support group in the hospital where my babys ped works at. The support group was guided by a IBLC certified doctor. That chat was so amazing i never new i could find people to help. One mom(pregnant with her first and with a breasreduction) told me that i inspired her to breastfeed her child..WOW!!!that blew me off....Another mom told me about her daycare( for breastfed children) and how she got it started because she saw the way they treated children in other daycares ( shes a registered nurse)..you know the routine:

1) feed baby constantly more than their supposed to so that he/she sleeps more
2) place a pacifier in their mouth so they shut up
3)place them in a crib until they cry themselves to sleep

This same mom i believe is my savior..After the conference( thank god my ped was there) i went over to talk to my ped because i saw some type of rash all over my ds body. It had been a rash that had been spreading all around. We knew that ds had been so unlucky as to not tolarate any type of formula but had given it one more try..today the ped finally had it and sat down and told me he belived that my son didnt have a protein intolerance but that what he was alergic to was some type of preservative that formulas have.This is why with every formula even the hypoallergenic ones he has had a reaction...This devastated me completely i didnt knwo what to do i asked about other milks and he said that ds is only 2.5 months old and that there is no way he was giving him cows milk...(goats milk has the same preservative since its powdered, well atleast the one they sell here is) I was in tears i dint know what to do...Where i live there are no milk banks so therefore no way to get milk for my child..In the chat a woman saw me crying desperately and being consoled by the doctor and she came up to me and told me that she had a condition that made her overproduce milk and she had a huge supply at home that her daughter was never going to use....She said "you can have it and if you need more i will give you all i have so you can feed your child"....I looked at her amazed i didnt know what to think at first i thought is this safe?My ped says he knows her personaly and the IBLC DR does also plus she has donated milk to around 30 children he knows of and there has never been any problems, plus in her line of work(shes the one with the daycare) they are tested regularly.....After this i didnt know what to think she told me that she foudn my efforts to be grand and she handpicked the people she would donate her milk...We have an interview said up this week with the ped, my dh, the IBLC certified dr and myself to go see her home, her children etc....i hope everything goes ok and i hope to god that this is the end of regular dr visits for my child im so tiered of going week after week it has been 2.5 months of this.....
If you all have any opinion on this please let me know...Let me know of questions i should ask and everything i should look out for or even if your totally against it...Right now i just need opinions on this matter...
thanks

Denyse
05-04-2003, 01:23 PM
Wow. What an amazing situation. I Say if you have your ped's go ahead and the woman is for sure healthy, etc, go for it. I mean, whatever it takes to feed your little one, right? Whatever you decide, good luck! I hope things get better soon!