PDA

View Full Version : Lactina Select Breastpump

liya
05-04-2003, 09:27 AM
Any one know where i can find the lowest price for this breastpump..I rented it the other day and its the only pump that can suction alot of milk from my breast, but i dont want to pay 50.00 a month if i plan to extract my milk for a year or more....I have the PIS and it has no comparison to this pump....

So many questions so many threads....lol

thanks

egoldber
05-04-2003, 09:46 AM
You may want to contact the hospital you rented from and see where they get theirs. They may also be able to get one for your with their pricing, which is probably better than what you can get as a consumer.

Edited to add: I just did a Yahoo search on "lactina select" and found many sites where these are available. So if the hospital route doesn't pan out, then there are many other options. But at one site it was $700, so renting it for awhile may not be such a bad option.

HTH,

stillplayswithbarbies
05-04-2003, 04:01 PM
Some insurance companies will pay for a breastpump, you may have to get your ped to write a prescription for one. Call your insurance company and ask. Even if they say no and you buy one, submit the claim and resubmit it and they may change their mind.

Whether they cover it or not, if you have a Flexible Spending Healthcare plan at work, a breastpump is reimbursable under that plan as medical equipment.

...Karen
Jake age 12
Logan Elizabeth 3/25/03

liya
05-05-2003, 12:04 AM
nice to know ill call my insurance company tommorow and check that out ill tell you how it goes....

thanks