PDA

View Full Version : Cloudy Nipples?

kfcboston
05-07-2003, 05:28 AM
I BF, so I'm only feeding the occasional EBM bottle. I've been cleaning the nipples in hot soapy water but it seems that over time they just start to look permanently cloudy. Is this normal, and OK? Or is this the time to replace them? Or am I not adequately cleaning them?? Thanks!

egoldber
05-07-2003, 06:59 AM
Actually, it sounds like soap residue to me. If you have harder water, you may need to rinse more or use vinegar periodically. I also used to get this in the dishwasher when I was running low or out of Rinse Aid.

HTH,

christic
05-07-2003, 06:47 PM
If you run your finger along the inside does it feel a little greasy? I decided it was from the high fat content in the milk and would put a few drops of Dawn on the inside and rub it around. After a good rinse they'd be squeaky clean and clear again.

Fiasco
05-08-2003, 01:55 PM
we get this too. it is milk-fat residue. we use a bottle brush that has a nipple-sized end to scrub out the residue, using dish detergent. from the outside, squeeze the nipple around the brush so you contact every surface, and rotate the brush around the inside. use very hot water and rinse them well and they should clear up.

kerry