PDA

View Full Version : HELP! DD cries when being fed and burped

mcmorfit
05-08-2003, 06:45 PM
This has been a challenging (yet rewarding) week of feeding. La Lucy (10 weeks) has started to really cry when I take her off the breast to burp. She settles down again when she latches back on, but man, she gets fussy!

This is probably just an infant thing, like maybe she is worried she won't have any more milk once she is removed.

Any word would be appreciated. Thanks,

Momof3Labs
05-08-2003, 08:11 PM
Ellen,

Is it possible that she doesn't need to be burped as often? Maybe you can just burp between breasts or at the end of the feeding? I think that it was around 2-3 months that I noticed that Colin didn't have to burp as often, and it was easier to just leave him on the breast until he was ready to come off - he was quite a screamer and yeller, too!

Rachels
05-08-2003, 08:16 PM
I agree. Abby got to the point where she'd nurse distractedly if she needed to burp, but if she was nursing steadily, she did better if I didn't interrupt her.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

mcmorfit
05-09-2003, 06:40 AM
Thank you, I have been noticing that she does burp on her own now, but sometimes gets fussy, then I'll burp her. Maybe I'm holding on to the burping so I can sing the burping song! Poor little bug has a cold too, so that might be playing into the crying.

Again, thanks

spu
05-09-2003, 08:34 AM
Hi Ellen,

Sometimes they like to just be attached to mommy too. I can completely tell when my babies are nursing to eat, or nursing just to be with me. Sometimes, esp. at night, they just want to be as close to me as possible and will sleep with a good latch. If I try to remove them, they cry, so as long as everyone is comfortable, it's all good!

We had alot of trouble burping too - it seemed like I couldn't get Charlotte to burp no matter what. What's the burping song? Sounds like fun!

susan

twin girls 7.20.02
charlotte & else

mharling
05-09-2003, 08:55 AM
Please share the burping song!!

Mary
Mommy to Lane Michael 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b33928e40550

mcmorfit
05-09-2003, 09:10 AM
I'm rather embarrased to admit it! I've rephrased the Beattles's (or was it George Harrison) song "Here Comes the Sun" to:

Here comes the Burbs, dodododo
Here comes the Burbs,
And I say, it's all right, dadodododododo
Little Darling, you'll feel much better if you Burb,
Little Darling a Burb will really help you eat dodododo

(repeat)

There it is for all to sing and share a like.

mharling
05-09-2003, 12:42 PM
Don't be embarrassed at all! I think it's great and am going to start using it. Thanks for sharing!

....and I just realized I could substitute 'Little Harling' for 'Little Darling'..... ;)

Mary
Mommy to Lane Michael 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b33928e40550