PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Whittlestone. Anyone else?

etwahl
05-09-2003, 11:56 AM
This has been frustrating, but I must say Whittlestone customer service is awesome.

Problem one - the connector started to not fit properly. They sent me two new ones and they didn't seem to fit much better.

Problem two - milk started leaking from where the connector attached

Problem three - the suction seemed VERY low even on the highest setting. They sent me a new pump and that didn't help.

They are now sending me an even newer connector (said it just came out yesterday). They said a lot of women have had this problem. The frustrating thing is it worked great the first three times and then the problems started. It's been even more frustrating because for the last two mornings I've tried pumping for 40 minutes each and I got less than one ounce of milk, even though it's early in the morning and I'm really full. When I used it before, I would get 4 ounces in 20 minutes flat.

So they're sending me the new connectors overnight and I'm hoping it works again once that gets here. I will post an update.

Has anyone else had this or different problems? If so, call them and get the new connectors asap. You might want to call anyone, because yours may start having the same problem that mine have. It is frustrating to spend so much money on a pump and then not be able to use it. I'm actually worried DD will not take the bottle soon, because it's been a while since her last bottle...I think she's only ever taken 4 bottles total.

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003

COElizabeth
05-09-2003, 03:40 PM
Are the new connectors supposed to help with the suction? I haven't noticed any problems with my connectors or leaking, but I did notice that the suction seems very low even at the highest level. I actually went back to using my Mini-electric, but it has since died. I don't know if I had just gotten used to the harsher vacuum and my breasts don't respond as well to the gentler massaging action, or what. I need to keep experimenting.

Elizabeth
Mom to James
9-20-02

BeverlyJ
05-09-2003, 04:02 PM
After reading your thread, I got proactive and called their Customer Service department (they are extremely nice!) to see if I should get some new connectors even though I have not had a leaking problem. They told me the LINERS are new, not the connectors and that if everything is going fine to just keep doing what I'm doing.

I hope what they send works for you. I love my Whittlestone!

((HUGS))

Beverly

addiemae
05-13-2003, 10:21 AM
ME!
I have grown more and more frustrated with mine.......
I have the same leaking as you.
My green indicator light never worked, I found this out when it came on one day! Just for the day though. It's out again.
I just sent them an email after reading both of your threads. I am hopeful they will try to resolve the issues.

Emily's Mommy,
Annie