PDA

View Full Version : Baby Bjorn Bib

LAT28
05-09-2003, 04:41 PM
Hi,

I was ordering a few things on-line and decided to buy a baby bjorn bib (plastic with the catcher in front) for my son. Anyway, I received it today and the neck size doesn't even come close to fitting him...he's only 7 months old. My husband and I have always laughed that he has no neck but that's ridiculous. Most other bibs fit fine. Has anyone else had this problem? I won't bother returning the bib because it's not worth it to ship it back - I'll just give it to a friend with a baby with a teensy weensy neck.

Thanks,
Leigh

Update: I just did a search and noticed that this topic has been discussed before and some of you mentionned that the BB bib is not for babies with larger necks:) I guess I should have read it here first before ordering.

brubeck
05-09-2003, 05:16 PM
Actually that's not it at all. It's just that you have to raise your baby's chin up high when you put it in. Lift the chin up as far as it will go, then slide the bib under and all the way back. Basically it is meant to go around the neck, NOT catch on the floppy chin/skin flap that babies seem to have. I am still able to do up 2 or 3 notches on my 30 month old daughter with this bib.

Give it another try.

Ferrety4
05-09-2003, 08:39 PM
Yep, same here. At first I didn't think we could make it work. Now I turn on the ceiling fan to make him look up, and the bib fits fine. :)

jojo2324
05-10-2003, 12:43 AM
Leigh, I used to have the same problem. My DS is quite chunky, so I just attributed it to his size. But you really do have to lift their chins (yep, there's more than one!! :D), and then there's loads of room. Once I figured it out, I haven't had any more trouble. Of course, I pinched his neck today putting the bib on...Poor baby! :(