PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions to make bridesmaid dress nursing friendly

zen_bliss
05-12-2003, 02:17 PM
i wonder if small 'invisible' dress zippers could be put in along the bodice seams either in the center or along the sides... then you could just whip out the dairy and cover with a sling.

bethwl
05-12-2003, 02:32 PM
It looks like a halter top. Could the seamstress snip the neck at the back and then put a snap or button on it? Then you could unsnap or unbutton, pull one flap down and leave the other flap up over shoulder. Make sense?

--Beth

nigele
05-12-2003, 02:38 PM
Hi Sonia,

How annoying for you! I thought the same thing as zen_bliss - a zipper would be a great idea.

We're going on a nice vacation with my in-laws this summer and none of my summer dresses are nursing-friendly. What a hassle! I'm going to have to go to my hotel room every time I nurse. Actually, come to think of it, my FIL would have a heart attack if I nursed in front of him, so I guess I would have gone to my room anyway! But still...

Let us know if you find a solution!

heidi_timms
05-12-2003, 04:00 PM
I feel your pain, I'm in 3 weddings this summer. I haven't planned out how we are going to nurse/feed the baby yet!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

jeneli
05-12-2003, 04:01 PM
Hi Sonia,

I don't have a suggestion for alterations on the dress itself, but you should check if the dress manufacturer makes a coordinating shawl/wrap that you could throw over your chest while nursing. If they don't offer a pre-made shawl, you may be able to order an extra piece of the fabric to make one yourself (or have one made), or just pick something up elsewhere that would go with the dress if you can find one that matches/compliments the color. Good luck!

~jenny

Elijah Spencer
9/23/02

MartiesMom2B
08-25-2003, 11:04 PM
This dress is already too big and needs to get alterations anyway. Picture of dress is attached. I'm wondering if anyone can help me think of making it easier for me to nurse while I'm in it. I'm going to see if they can put a bra cups in there so I can put nursing pad in there. Since it's not a two piece so far I'm going to flash my whole chest while Martie eats.

Or does anyone have suggestions on how to nurse in this dress, if I can't alter it in anyway. I am going to have to send her off with bottles with DH, since I'll have to be away doing bridesmaids stuff all day.

This really sucks. I wish I didn't say yes to be in this wedding. I just hope I don't get engorged and get mastitis.

Thanks!

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03
http://www.mcdyer.com/MartieSurasky.htm
Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03
http://www.mcdyer.com/MartieSurasky.htm