PDA

View Full Version : zantac on an empty stomach?

etwahl
05-14-2003, 05:38 PM
Lauren is VERY hard to tell if she's hungry or not. She doesn't make it clear one way or the other. So I'm usually "testing" to see if she is. Then I think she is, and it's time to give her zantac, so I give it to her and then she won't eat afterwards. So then I worry about her having it on an empty stomach. When I try to give it to her after nursing, it's like she's too full to even swallow the medicine and half it runs down her face.

So is her stomach going to get worse if she doesn't nurse right after? Should I just give it to her after nursing to be safe? even if half it doesn't get in her stomach?

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003

nigele
05-14-2003, 07:18 PM
Personally, I would give it to her before nursing so she gets all of it. Call a pharmacist to be sure but I don't think it matters whether or not Zantac is taken on an empty stomach.

Marisa6826
05-14-2003, 10:29 PM
My pediatrician said it didn't matter whether I gave Sophie the Zantac on a full or empty stomach.

I personally haven't seen much difference in the two.

-m

abc
05-15-2003, 08:59 AM
I'm a pharmacist and can tell you that Zantac is safe taken on a full or empty stomach. So go ahead and give it to her on an empty stomach if that works best for you.