PDA

View Full Version : Booster Chair Help

JulieL
05-14-2003, 08:08 PM
I am taking my 14 month old on vacation next month. So I was looking at booster seats (collaspable) and the clothe seats that attach to the table. The booster seats are cheaper, but I was reading some reviews on Babies R Us and several moms complained about the booster seats not fitting very well with the tray on top. Another thing, the clothe seats seem like they would be easier to transport, as far as collasping smaller. What is your thoughts on this. We are going on a plane so with stroller, car seat and luggage I am really trying to make things as easy as possible to travel. Is it ever easy to travel with a baby, don't answer, I know it not!!! Thanks for your thoughts.

sparkeze
05-14-2003, 09:33 PM
I tried the Chicco hook on seat but after thinking about it, a lot of tables that we'd be using it at have a ledge near the edge so it would be unuseable a lot of the time.

I have also tried 4 different booster seats, and kept 2 of them. I'm not sure of the exact names of them but the ones we kept were the First Years Swing Tray Booster and another First Years booster that's in primary colors that comes completely apart for cleaning. One of the ones I tried and returned was the one that folds up very compactly for traveling. It was okay, but the tray settings were barely big enough for my then-10 month old, who's now 13 mo. I got all of them at Target, if that helps any!

ginalc
05-14-2003, 10:59 PM
When we travel, I think of my stroller as my portable booster. I have owned others, but almost always end up using the stroller and/or my lap instead! :)

gina, mom to 3

egoldber
05-15-2003, 07:19 AM
I have a clamp on seat (Me Too) and a foldable booster (Safety 1st). I like both of them very much. Where are you traveling? In general, if I am traveling in the United States, I take the fold up booster. In the US, high chairs are readily available at virtually all restaurants, so I generally end up using it only in the hotel room. There doesn't tend to be a s many places to clamp the seat in a hotel room, so the booster is a it handier. We can fit it in a soft suitcase pretty easily.

Overseas, high chairs are NOT readily available. It also tends to be more of a a hassle to drag along the booster chair. So I take the Me Too seat on those trips. While I have also used my stroller as a high chair a lot when traveling, I find that it makes a nice break/change for DD to get and sit in a different seta for awhile.

HTH,

Jen841
05-15-2003, 09:04 AM
We received a clamp on one from Baby Center for a shower gift, and a Safety First. Since we don't have the baby yet I can't say much about either, but they were both "Must Have's" according to the Mother's that gave them to us. My understanding is the Safety First is for a younger child, and the other if for an older one. I know my niece would have LOVED the clamp on one b/c she always wanted to be in the middle of the action. The tray was not favorable to her.