PDA

View Full Version : COElizabeth : When baby's poop turns from green to yellow again...

etwahl
05-15-2003, 02:30 PM
Elizabeth, you said James poop started yellow again around 8 weeks. So did Lauren's. Weird. But was his still really mucousy and runny? Hers is - very watery a lot of the time.

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003

COElizabeth
05-15-2003, 03:56 PM
Tammy,

Gosh, I don't remember saying that now! I think I must have written something wrong. The truth is, his poop started out yellow and seedy but turned green when he was a couple of weeks or so. It stayed mostly green for months! We occasionally had a diaper that was back to the "textbook seedy yellow," but most were really green and really watery. Doing single-sided feeding and not switching breasts until at least 2 hours had gone by did help thicken the poop up a little, but not much. I think cutting out dairy for a while helped some, too, but really, the only thing that helped a lot was introducing solids at six months! I'm one of the few people I know who welcomed the constipating effect of the rice cereal and bananas! I have never really noticed too much mucuous, but I don't always look too closely. FWIW, a pediatrician (not James', but a woman I know) told me once that any color poop besides white and black is okay.

Elizabeth
Mom to James
9-20-02