PDA

View Full Version : Bottle Nipple Flow, Playtex Ventaire Bottles

heidi_timms
05-15-2003, 07:49 PM
Hi Everyone,

Today I tried to give DD her first bottle of EBM, but we had a little trouble. I had registered for the Playtex Ventaire bottles and we tried to use the nipple that came with the bottle. DD sucked for 15 minutes and I don't actually think that she drank anything or was able to get anything out of the bottle! I tried to squirt some milk out and couldn't get anything out either, although the bottle is supposed to vent the air out to prevent spit-ups.

When nursing, my milk flows out pretty fast. I can hear DD gulping when she nurses and she sometimes chokes on the milk because it's coming out so fast. It seems that I should get a nipple that mimicks the way my milk flows. Should I get a different nipple for my ventaire bottles? Do Playtex bottles only take Playtex nipples?

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

liya
05-15-2003, 09:10 PM
nope they take any standard nipple....gerber reg and nuks...if you look at it well youll notice its just a reg bottle just shaped differently ..my friend uses hers with reg gerber nipples and it works 4 her....also in walmart they sell prents choice nipples that have a pretty fast let down and work well with vent air bottles...dr browns have a pretty fast let down but r expensive...first buy a cheaper reg siz nipple and try it see if its the let down or the nipple itself she doesnt like...

hope this helps

nathansmom
05-16-2003, 07:56 AM
I had the same problem with Nathan. I ended up trying to suck on the nipple to see if I could get anything out, turns out the hole in the nipple wasn't open. I poke all the way through the nipple and it works great now. I think the nipple hole didn't get punch all the through on some of the nipples. HTH