PDA

View Full Version : one bottle a day : how to wash hand pump & bottle easily?

etwahl
05-17-2003, 02:19 PM
Right now we are using the Avent Isis and the Dr. Brown's 4 ounce bottles. I basically am pumping and then using that bottle that day. Then I wash the pump and the bottle in hot soap water, and put them on paper towel to dry (which takes forever).

Is there an easier way? All those parts laying out to dry takes up enough space, I can't imagine if I was actually using more than one bottle a day!

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003

egoldber
05-17-2003, 02:26 PM
How often do you run your dishwasher? I found it easier to have enough bottles and parts to be able to use the dishwasher. Just make sure to have one of those dishwasher baskets to hold the small parts and nipples and rings.

HTH,

Marisa6826
05-17-2003, 09:57 PM
You're going to think we're crazy, but we have upwards of 12 9 oz. bottles and about 16 4 oz. bottles!

Since Sophie's on all formula, we make enough to last us two days.

I was handwashing but just started the stick them in the dishwasher this week. It's easier, but I feel it wastes water. It also sucks when you forget to actually TURN the dishwasher ON (like last night!).

Why not get yourself two extras, so you can rotate? I don't know about you but my "mommy brain" lapses happen at the worst times.

-m

nigele
05-18-2003, 08:39 AM
Isn't it amazing how much space a baby takes up - even on your counters?? Just a suggestion but you could get a plastic basket and leave everything in the basket to dry. That way you could move the basket anywhere if you need space (even set it in the top rack of dishwasher while it dries, just to get it out of the way.)