PDA

View Full Version : Mylecon Drops

jillkatz
05-19-2003, 11:14 AM
My baby is a couple of weeks old and she's very burpy. She gets gas after feeding and from gulping air. Sometimes she wakes up at night because she needs to be burped again. Is this a situation where I'm supposed to use Mylecon drops? Any suggestions would be helpful!

nigele
05-19-2003, 12:12 PM
My ped claims that gas drops are useless - who knows? You might try to burp her longer after feeding her.

bnme
05-19-2003, 12:16 PM
My ped said the same thing, but they seem to work for us. We use them as releif if he seems to be gassy. Kicking legs and tightening them straight out while crying. Never tried them as a preventative step.

You could always try, if they don't work you'll know it.

Is she nursing or on the bottle? Maybe you could try another bottle? My son seems to suck in less air when he is really hungry -doesnt even require a burp. Other wise if he is taking his time eating and looking around etc, he is more likely to suck in more air. I try to get him more focused in that case. Feed him someplace w/o distractions, etc.

HTH

jillkatz
05-19-2003, 01:13 PM
I'm breastfeeding my daughter. That's a good suggestion. My daughter feeds very quickly so maybe her seal on the breast isn't tight enough and she's sucking air because of it.
Thanks

Sharon
05-19-2003, 01:56 PM
my ped said to give the drops before my son nurses. it seems to work better than giving it after nursing

liya
05-19-2003, 10:01 PM
My ped said drops were useless but hey they seem to be working. Maybe its my mind but he doesnt wake up anymore.

Marisa6826
05-19-2003, 10:08 PM
I found that the Mylecon drops almost seemed to make things worse. However, we found that Gripe Water definitely helps Sophie.

I've bought it at both Buy Buy Baby and Whole Foods. It was about $3 cheaper at Whole Foods.

-m