PDA

View Full Version : Abdominal Wall support needed---OUCH!

MarieMW
05-19-2003, 05:46 PM
I need help, I am 8 months pregnant and my abdominal wall is sore, it feels like it's stretched too thin and tight, a lot like a hernia. I'm looking for something that will support it, the pain is about 4 inches above the belly button just to the right where you would expect arnold Shwartzenneger to develop those really awesome abs! Does anyone have any suggestions???

ginalc
05-21-2003, 04:27 PM
Is it possible that you are in labor? :)

I couldn't function due to abdominal pain with baby #2. I bought 2 different tummy binders, one simple elastic band and one full-support band. Both were helpful at the time.

You can find both at either the mall maternity stores, or BRU. The simple elastic bands run around $15, the more serious supporters run around $45.

I know that for me, the abdominus rectus muscle split and that the pain lasted until the day I delivered. Serious physical therapy helped to rebuild the muscle tone and I didn't have any problems with my 3rd pregancy.

Good Luck! And don't forget to contact your Dr. or midwife about the pain. It is not a normal part of pregnancy and should be taken seriously.

gina, mom to 3