PDA

View Full Version : nursing bras

junior503
05-20-2003, 10:37 AM
what are some good nursing bras out there that are not too expensive? also, what is the best way to measure size if you want to order a bra without trying one on? i am not sure if i am a 34c or d or a 36c.

thanks!

lisa
mom to peter 5/3/03

jd11365
05-20-2003, 11:17 AM
I just ordered a Bravado from Sierrablue.com and it's lovely! There is no clasp to put it on, you put it on like an atheletic bra..over your head. There are nice snaps for feeding and it is very comfortable!! I've never had a bra without underwire, because I am a D-DD, but this has a large comfy band and it has been holding me up quite nicely. The one from Target fell apart at the first wash and the one from Motherhood didn't hold me up well. Since this Bravado doesn't have a clasp, it fits several sizes, so whatever the suggested chart says seems accurate to me. The bra was $28 w/ free shipping and free washable breast pads. I'm ordering 2 more today...

toniteach
05-20-2003, 11:58 AM
Look at this link:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dcforum/DCForumID4/766.html

I just got mine and they're great. I also have Bravado which I love.

Good Luck!
Toni
dd Kelly 12.4.02

Sharon
05-20-2003, 12:19 PM
I love playtex nursing bras. The hook is so easy and they are around 16 at the outlet stores which are everywhere. They have a underwire and an underwire alternative that look great and have been holding up well. I got a more expensive bra but the playtex are far better

ginalc
05-21-2003, 04:22 PM
I own many different styles of nursing bras, yet I find the most comfortable and convenient style is a simple $8 nylon "cami-bra" that I picked up at Target is my favorite. I wear a 36C-38C and I just use the Large size nylon cami. So easy to nurse in when we are out in public.

I like the Bravado bra for comfort, but I haven't yet figured out how to snap the front cup shut while out in public. I usually end up having to access the snap with both hands by going through the collar of my shirt. NOT discreet at all!!! :)

gina, mom to 3
BFing for 4 yrs

heidi_timms
05-21-2003, 06:42 PM
I may be the only one, but I really like the nursing bras from Target-the In Due Time brand. I am an underwire person and they had exactly what I wanted in a bra-plain, smooth, underwire bra with hook closures. They range from $11.99-$14.99. I tried on a Medela bra at the hospital BF store and thought it was scary looking, plus it was $36! I know that they are not supposed to look like the bras at Victoria's Secret, but I hated it! I also like the sleep bras they sell on www.breakoutbras.com. I like the fancee free one and the #110 sleep bra.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

liya
05-21-2003, 07:55 PM
i really like the plytex ones i got at k-mart they work great for me....plus $8.00 cant beat the price...lol ive washed and dried hem many times and found them to stand perfectly to the challenge...dont purchase a motherhood one they r horrible in the first wash the $28 bra broke....uuurrgggg still mad at that...:)