PDA

View Full Version : Food Allergy Follow-Up

kfcboston
05-22-2003, 07:02 AM
Well, we've successfully reintroduced our first ingredient, which is soy. But yesterday was a weird day back on dairy. I had milk, mashed potatoes, milk chocolate (mmm) and Coke (caramel color). The greenish hue returned to the poop, I think, as did one diaper with a slight trace of blood. However, his behavior has been happier than ever! Confusing. The exception was during the 8-9pm period when he seemed to be suffering from painful gas. This could have been dairy, or the brocilli I stupidly decided to have with dinner for the first time in a while. So we're continuing with day two on dairy today. I want to be SURE before I get off of it, after this whole elimination diet thing. Want it to be worthwhile!

I'm told to go back on each ingredient for 4 days as a test, but if it's obvious before then I will stop.......

Rachels
05-22-2003, 08:26 AM
Just remember that the dairy will now be in his system for up to two full weeks, so if it is dairy, you could see symptoms anywhere in that time. You need to be either sure it's NOT dairy or completely dairy-free for another 2 weeks before you add more stuff back in, or you won't know what he's reacting to if he has trouble. Hang in there!

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02