PDA

View Full Version : OK, how does one buy fresh peas?

teddy
05-29-2003, 08:49 AM
I pureed some frozen organic peas for DD and she seems to like them; however, they were quite expensive. Does anyone know if you can buy fresh peas out of their pods? Is this possible? Thanks :)

Marisa6826
05-29-2003, 10:42 AM
Depends on where you live. I see them in the Korean bodegas a lot. They have already shelled them and are in little styrofoam packs.

Of course if you live in the middle of nowhere, you won't be finding this!

-m

MartiesMom2B
05-29-2003, 08:21 PM
They have peas at our local farmers market.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03
http://www.mcdyer.com/MartieSurasky.htm

August Mom
05-29-2003, 08:25 PM
You can get them in grocery stores with good produce departments in major metropolitan areas but don't expect them to be inexpensive. You may find that you spend just as much (or more) than the frozen organic peas.

chrissyhowie
05-30-2003, 05:19 AM
Teddy,

For ones that have been shelled already, how about hitting a salad bar at a reputable place? Maybe at Whole Foods? I'm not sure if this will be any cheaper than the frozen ones, but heck, you could at least make yourself a giant delicious salad to go at the same time! :9

teddy
05-31-2003, 11:23 AM
I live in Chicago (downtown to be exact) and I shop at Dominicks (major chain) and Whole Foods. I just haven't seen fresh peas. Maybe I'm not looking in the right spot. I thought fresh organic peas might be cheaper but probably not. Oh well! Chrissy, I'll see you at the salad bar!!