PDA

View Full Version : Fenugreek tea

SASM
06-05-2003, 10:14 PM
How soon after starting fenugreek tea did you start seeing an increase in your milk supply? Any brands that worked particularly well (or didn't) for you? My LC gave me a BUNCH of Traditional Medicinals "Mother's Milk" tea. Just curious... :-)

liya
06-06-2003, 12:31 AM
With me nothing worked....I took just about everything you could think of the only thing that did help were the fenugreek capsules and that was like 72hrs after taking them, plus my increase wasnt that much....MM tea didnt do anything at all, MMPLUS thinsels even less plus they both tasted YUKKY!!! These are just to name a few but i tried so many more things...the capsules were the only ones that worked....

chrissyhowie
06-06-2003, 12:35 AM
I used the Mother's Milk tea for a little while. I noticed a slight but definite increase almost right away. But it's hard for me to say whether it was just from the tea or if it was also because I very markedly made a point to stay hydrated throughout the day since I noticed my milk supply was getting low.

I was already a tea drinker, but I think the Mother's Milk tea is quite tasty too so it made it very easy for me to use!

zen_bliss
06-06-2003, 03:05 AM
fenugreek capsules. i bought the capsules because i wasn't that keen on the mother's milk tea flavor and knew i wouldn't drink enough of it for it to be effective. i do have the tea on occasion.

tbdw425
06-09-2003, 03:32 PM
I used fenugreek capsules - three of them - three times a day for months. Nothing worked for me. I was never able to produce enough milk for my son.

I breast fed and pumped what I could for five months, but never pumped more than 2 oz. at a time. I even tortured myself and used the supplementer for feedings. Yes I taped tubes to my nipples MANY MANY times a day for months! I sought the advice of multiple doctors and lactation consultants. My advice is if you try options to increase your milk for more than a few weeks (although I think fenugreek is supposed to work within a few days) DO NOT BEAT YOURSELF UP (like I did) if it does not work out. There are some women who just do not produce enough milk. Of course, none of the literature talks about this issue, so those of us who can not, just end of feeling like freaks of nature! All those breast feeding guides are too afraid to tell you these facts for fear, in my opinion, that you might give up too early.

Best of luck.

C99
06-09-2003, 04:24 PM
I've heard that the tea isn't as effective as the capsules, so I've always taken the capsules. And I can tell within 24-48 hours.