PDA

View Full Version : Baby Bjorn bib question

mollyi
06-06-2003, 09:10 PM
Hi there-

I am hoping someone can help me figure out if Baby Bjorn bibs come in different sizes. I ordered one for my 16-month-old ds not too long ago, and love it. The only problem is that it seems pretty tight around his neck. (And he is a little guy, in less than the 5th percentile for height and weight). I did not save the packaging for the bib, but I think it may have said size medium on it. In looking through old posts here, I saw people make reference to this bib in size large. The problem is that every website that I look at says nothing about the size of the bib. Some say "for 6 months and up" - I don't know if that is the one I have or not. I looked at the Baby Bjorn website, and it says nothing about sizes and describes the bib as being for ages 2-6, which surely can't be the bib that I got. Also, in looking at some pictures on the web, some of the bibs seem pretty straight down the sides and some are more curved in on the sides. Could this be the difference between sizes, or maybe just an older vs. newer model? Can anyone help me figure this out? Thanks so much!!

Molly (Mommy to Andy 2/8/02)

brubeck
06-07-2003, 04:59 PM
I'm not 100% sure, but I believe what happened is that most people did not want the 'medium' so they stopped making it and now they are 'one size' (ie: large).

The bib may not be too small however. It is a little difficult to get used to the fit. Make sure you lift up your son's chin when you put the bib under his neck. The bib is meant to be snug and so it should go completely under his chin(s). Point his chin high at the ceiling and gently slide the bib back as far as it will go. Lower the chin and then try to do it up in back.

If the bib feels too tight it is. Take it off and try again.

hwin708
06-13-2003, 01:14 AM
Hi!
Sorry, I know this reply is a little late, but I just saw this post.
Have you seen the Tommee Tippee bibs? They're a lot like the bjorns in style, with the thick plastic and open pocket. However, they also have an adjustable neck size.
Here's a link
http://www.babycatalog.com/cgi-bin/WebStore/index.cgi?use_frames=yes