PDA

View Full Version : what's the general consensus on Belly Basics clothing sets?

sugarsnappea
06-11-2003, 07:15 AM
I thought I would order the new starter set for $60. It has a skirt, pants and tunic. However, I am not much of a skirt wearer. I wonder if it would be better to order a top and pants from somewhere else, like Lands' End.

how is the quality of Belly Basics? Is it true that you can wear it as "transitional clothing"?

Also, is it clingy? Does it shrink?

TIA! :)

danielleh
06-11-2003, 07:33 AM
Hi,

When I was pregnant I bought the kit with the dress, pants, tunic and skirt. I never did wear the skirt, but the pants were the most comfortable thing I had ever worn. I also got good use out of the dress and top. I actually went back and got the shorts that had the same waist band as the pants and wore them almost every day for the last few weeks of my pregnancy and the first few weeks after the baby was born. So, all in all, I would say either get the kit or at least just get the pants.

HTH,
Danielle
mom to Jimmy born 8/29/02

Karenn
06-11-2003, 09:26 AM
I had a hand-me-down kit that had been worn by at least 3-4 people before me and it was in excellent shape, so I would say the quality was excellent. And I agree, I wore the pants all the time. They were so comfortable!

emilyf
06-11-2003, 10:00 AM
I had this set, and loved it. I'm not much of a skirt wearer either, but wore this one all the time w/one of my husbands shirts w/the sleeves rolled up. It was staple outfit. I loved the pants too. I didn't find it clingy, and it held up great-no shrinking.
Emily
mom of Charlie born 11/02

shall85296
06-11-2003, 12:37 PM
I just found out that there is quite a bit of it available on e-bay (most of it is re-sale if you don't mind), and it is quite inexpensive.
Also - we have a Nordstrom Rack that just started carrying it - at about 1/2 of the retail price.

trumansmom
06-11-2003, 02:25 PM
Are you talking about the set at Kohls? FYI, they were on sale 50% off this weekend. Even though I'm not pregnant again, I went ahead and bought one because it's such a great deal! (And because my fingers are crossed for a positive test next week!) So even if you don't wear the skirt, it's still a pretty good value.

I compared it to my original Pregnancy Survival Kit (I have one in olive green - what was I thinking?!), and the quality of the material is quite comparable. The only difference I could really tell is that the sizing is slightly different. The one at Kohls (I think they call the The Whole Nine Months by Belly Basics) runs a little bit larger. The PSK XL is a 14-16, while the WNM XL was a 16-18.

HTH-
Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01

toiles
06-11-2003, 07:25 PM
I too have the Belly Basics set from Kohl's - I purchased it a few months ago and it has been great. There set comes with the skirt, pants, and a 3/4 tunic in black. I have not worn the skirt yet, but figure if I get a tan, who knows! I have compared it to the ones that they sell on the bellybasics site and they are the same. They are not clingy at all -and I have been putting them in the washer and dryer and they have not shrink or faded. There is not a traditional panel on the front so I could see wearing them after the baby is born.

houseof3boys
06-12-2003, 12:54 AM
I loved the belly basics set. I wore the pants the most and like most said the skirt the least. When I was at my largest the skirt was very comfortable.

Keep checking ebay because they do have great deals. I got another pair of black stretchy pants off of Ebay that I wore to yoga almost every week since they were my most comfy pair of pants and they looked brand new!

sugarsnappea
06-12-2003, 06:46 AM
Thanks! I definitely going to buy it! I will check out Kohls and Nordstrom rack today. Hopefully, they still have some available. :)