PDA

View Full Version : how long after bf did aunt flo return???

cchavez
06-25-2003, 03:42 PM
DS was ex bf for 6 wks......and got some bm until 8 wks....when can i expect my period?

telewill
06-26-2003, 10:32 PM
It really varies from person to person--depending on how regular you were before. I'm still BF a little bit and spot from time to time, but I have not seen aunt flo yet. I'm also on low dose bc pills, so I'm on a bit of hormone regulation.

I think that as a rule, expect one by six months if you are not exclusivly breastfeeding.

ginalc
06-27-2003, 10:06 AM
Baby #1 my flo returned 4 months PP. Baby #2 10 months PP. Baby #3 Nada and we're close to 7 months PP.

Your hormones will be different so long as you BF even just a little.
When your body is ready to procreate again, it'll let you know! :)

gina, mom to 3

cchavez
06-27-2003, 01:59 PM
I didn't realize I would have to wait that long....since I am no longer bfing...I wanted to go back on the pill b/c I am not ready for #2. Also, I think i am ovulating or trying to b/c my cervical mucous is so think these past 2 days.

telewill
06-28-2003, 12:09 AM
If you don't want another - get your pills! Or, whatever you use. I wouldn't leave my 6 week appt without something!! Two in diapers --- God bless you all that do it. I can't. :)

ginalc
06-28-2003, 02:48 AM
I 2nd that idea! My DH has 3 siblings with the same B-day, all one year apart, that's a new baby 1, 2, 3 years in a row! He has a total of 7 sisters and 5 brothers. 13 in all. All wore CLOTH diapers, too! :)

BTW, Lesa, I took a peek at your photos of Bailey. I think the "Bailey and her yellow Texas roses" is the most beautiful photo I have ever seen. Great photography! You have a lovely family. :)

gina, mom to 3

cchavez
06-28-2003, 11:57 AM
I already have the pills...just have to wait for aunt flo!! I may call my ob this wk and see if i can test for pg and if it is negative...start the pills next sunday!!

telewill
06-29-2003, 05:09 AM
I am taking a low dose progestrone only pill, but my doctor told me to just start it on the first Sunday after I got it. I would think you could do that on other pills as well, since the point is to regulate your flow.

HTH.