PDA

View Full Version : A good weaning book?

cinrein
07-18-2003, 10:32 AM
I'm not yet ready to wean Anna, but I thought I better get started on reading up. I'm content to BF her for as long as she wants. However, next year we will be ttc and I will probably need to take fertility drugs, so the BF will have to end if it hasn't already. Also, I finally resolved my plugged duct/mastitis problems and don't want those issues to resurface when we start weaning.

Has anyone used Kathleen Huggins' book (Nursing Mother's Guide to Weaning) or the LLLI book (How Weaning Happens) and have good/bad feedback on either? I read the reviews on Amazon and was a little bit scared off. Is there a better book?

Cindy
Mama to Anna 2/11/03

Zansu
07-18-2003, 04:55 PM
I bought the LLL book, but wasn't too impressed. Hopefully someone will be able to recommend a different one.

HTH

jacquirapp
07-20-2003, 09:40 PM
I have to say that I really liked How Weaning Happens, and I really liked A Nursing Mother's Guide to Weaning. I found them both very helpful. But, I'm also an extended bf-er and I plan on a more natural approach to weaning. If you are more interested in more abrupt weaning techniques then these books probably aren't for you, but if you are into LLL philosophies, then you will most likely enjoy these books.

Jacqui