PDA

View Full Version : Maternity Bra's! Which Brand?

aagirls
07-24-2003, 12:09 PM
I'm looking into purchasing some nursing bra's. If you could tell me which brand you like and why that would be a great help. I had two bravado's last time, and I just got tired of having my husband help me to take them off. Other than that I kind of liked them.

kaitlinsmommy
07-24-2003, 10:31 PM
I love the Mimi Maternity nursing bra. I have bras from Target & Penney's, which are fine, but Mimi's is my favorite. It's very comfortable and can truly be done one-handed. I'll definitely be getting more for my next baby.

heidi_timms
07-24-2003, 10:58 PM
Call me crazy, but I love the Target bras. I have never tried any other brands though. I tried on a Medela at the breastfeeding store at the hospital and it was so big and ugly, it scared me. Others may like the support, but they were not for me!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

DDowning
07-25-2003, 12:47 AM
If you have a Kohl's near you they have Leading Lady bra's. No name brand but the soft cotton ones are very comfortable.

lizajane
07-25-2003, 07:45 AM
i LOVE my title nine "world's best nursing bra." (titlenine.com)

alkagift
07-25-2003, 08:11 AM
I probably wouldn't get a whole bunch of these, but I did get one nude microfiber Anita Maternity bra. I really needed something sleek yet supportive to wear under white linen and this was the best one I've seen--and no underwire!! The model is the 5075. The clasp is their "Kwik Klip" system--VERY easy to undo, a pain to reclip--not onehanded to reclip, but you can unclip it with one finger. In general, I thought these were really comfortable, on par with the Bravados but more supportive (more traditional "bra" shape).

Allison
Mom to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

kfcboston
07-25-2003, 08:28 AM
I really love my Elita Cotton Crossover bras. I learned about them right here! You can find cheap, and free shipping, at www.sierrablue.com. No hooks or clips or snaps.....just slip the cup right down, nurse, and slip it back up again! The only con is it goes on over your head (which doesn't bother me at all) and that it doesn't appear they make them larger than size 38.

HTH!

sntm
07-25-2003, 03:09 PM
How does the sizing work on those things? Are they supportive at all?

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

alkagift
07-25-2003, 04:48 PM
I ordered one for myself to sleep in and I'm a 34DD--it's just too small for me, I returned it--I went with cotton/spandex camisoles with a shelf bra instead, based on recommendations here. I didn't think it was supportive at all, no, but I was getting it to sleep in so I didn't care. I know some people on this board love them, though.

Allison
Mom to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

kfcboston
07-25-2003, 07:00 PM
I could see how it might not be the most supportive bra for larger cup sizes. I think my cup is probably only about a C, not quite a D, right now and I live in these bras. I find them very convenient and comfortable. There just isn't a whole lot to them, I guess.

Jenmv
07-26-2003, 03:41 PM
I liked the Playtex brand. I found them at Penney's and Kohls. They have an underwire alternative bra that is nice and supportive without digging in to you. The clasp is easy to work. Personally I found the Target/Motherhood Maternity brand bras to be worthless for anything other than a sleep bra but I wore a 38DD and have always been rather picky about comfort. I also liked the Bravado's but they are a pain to take off and on. Sometimes it was easier to just sleep in them.

shall85296
07-27-2003, 12:52 PM
Wacoal just came out with a new nursing bra, carried by Nordstrom. It is the same style as my all time favorite seamless bra, so I was thrilled. We are weaning right now, so I didn't invest, but next time that is the one I use. These bras are especially great for larger sizes - the most supportive I have found, and they give you a nice shape under tighter clothing.

sntm
07-28-2003, 10:52 AM
I'm 34DD (sometimes F, yuck) too, so I'm glad I saved myself the time and trouble of ordering one. Too bad.

shannon
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

sntm
07-28-2003, 10:54 AM
Can you get these online? No Nordstrom's nearby, but I loved my one Wacoal bra.

edited:
yes you can get them online, and they are bee-yoo-ti-ful but $$$$.
If anyone hear's of Nordstrom's sales or coupons, let me know.

shannon
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

aagirls
07-29-2003, 10:38 AM
Thank you all for giving me some really good ideas on where to look and which ones to look at!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kayla
07-29-2003, 06:07 PM
I also bought a Playtex bra with underwire alternitive as a maternity bra, and found it very comfortable. The bad news: the adjuster clip on one strap broke after 1 month of wear. The good news: they are sending me a new one and I don't have to return the one I have. Since from my experience, I'm not sure how long they last, I would probably order them from www.onehanesplace.com, where they're selling slight irregulars for $15.00 rather than pay full price of $23.50+tax.

zen_bliss
07-30-2003, 01:47 AM
i'm a little late here, but the best thing i have found so far is -- coolmax lined athletic bra-tops from target for $11-$15. lots of stretch and support, can be pulled under the breast for feeding without stretching out of shape. i also use a couple of target bathing suit tops that are pretty much the same, except i prefer the coolmax. i like that it just looks like a regular summer racerback top instead of a bra.

i found the elita support to be non-existent (returned); bravados ok but again not great support and i have the bad habit of pulling cups under the breast & stretching them out; the target elastic blew out on the side and it has the uni-boob effect.