PDA

View Full Version : is there such thing as infant oatmeal?

peanut4us
08-05-2003, 02:45 PM
I was thinking about starting sara on some oatmeal since the rice is going reasonably well, then it dawned on me that you probably don't give them quaker oats ;-)

How do you prepare it?

BTW does anyone buy Heinz babyfood?

COElizabeth
08-05-2003, 03:14 PM
I use Earth's Best baby oatmeal, but I think there are several brands. It's basically very light flakes of oats and is pretty close to the same texture as baby rice cereal.

Elizabeth
Mom to James
9-20-02

MelissaTC
08-05-2003, 03:16 PM
The only cereal I was able to get Matthew to eat was Carnation's Baby Oatmeal. It had the ingredients of formula and a similar consistency to rice cereal. He now loves regular oatmeal and all the flavored instant oatmeals as well as cream of wheat.

FYI- We tried Heinz. It was fine :)

Momof3Labs
08-05-2003, 03:32 PM
Colin loooooves baby oatmeal (we use Heinz). It is just like rice cereal - we mix it with EBM or yogurt, and add a little bit of fruit for flavor.

We often use Heinz jar food (not so much anymore, though, since Colin prefers finger food) and have been happy with it. Gerber didn't go over well, and Earth's Best was pretty pricey (and had a smaller selection than Heinz).

luvbeinmama
08-05-2003, 06:29 PM
Yes, the baby oatmeal is right there next to the baby rice cereal above all the jarred baby food. DD likes oatmeal with banana. Just add water and stir. You can warm the water a bit before adding it if you wish, but it is not necessary.

I buy Gerber, Tender Harvest and Earth's Best baby food.