PDA

View Full Version : High Chair Recommendation

hellokitty1
08-05-2003, 05:42 PM
hi all, i am looking to purchase a high chair soon for dd and i originally registered for the chicco mama but never got it. now that i have more experience with baby gear, the chicco mama seems a bit expensive and may have features that dd doesn't even care about (example: she could care less about the mobile above her swing :-)

so are there recommendations for a good reasonably priced chair, with essential features but not frivolous ones? one requirement is that i'd like it to have wheels. my thought is that it would be more convenient to move around. also, i think it might be important to be able to fold it up. are there any other essential features you find helpful?
TIA!

Momof3Labs
08-05-2003, 06:45 PM
Check the "around the house" board - there are tons of great high chair suggestions there!

hellokitty1
08-05-2003, 07:19 PM
thanks, i moved my question there. since this was the feeding board, assumed high chairs was here too. thanks.

jal
08-09-2003, 12:57 AM
We liked the chicco mama so much that we bought a second one to keep at grandma's house. You do have to watch for this past years "in-between" models...

For some reason, they have decided to remove the pegs that allow you to store the tray on the back of the chair. They tried to "make-up" for it by making the tray convert into some sort of game/puzzle tray, but there's a lot of them out there that don't have either the "special" tray nor the pegs to hang the tray, but they are still sold at full price (unless the stores are finally getting around to discounting last years stuff).