PDA

View Full Version : Too early for teething?

luvmypeanut
08-21-2003, 03:35 PM
My 4mos DD has started shifting the bottle nipple to the side of her mouth and chewing on it, like it's a cigar. Isn't it early for her to be teething? She's drooling more but doesn't have a fever or a rash and isn't fussy (except for the reflux). I've given her teething rings but there's no interest there, although she will occasionally grab my finger and start gumming. Should I just chalk it up as "baby behavior" and not an indication of anything?

Momof3Labs
08-21-2003, 04:17 PM
It sounds like your baby has discovered a new game! But she could pop a tooth at any time - Colin's first tooth came at four months (and he had no fever or rash either, but was quite fussy for one day).

lizajane
08-21-2003, 05:14 PM
schuyler puts EVERYTHING in his mouth. chew chew chew. he has been doing this for over a month, and isn't teething. so just watch out for what is in reach!

:)

Karenn
08-21-2003, 05:19 PM
It could be teething. Colin had his first tooth by four months too. But, you won't know until you see that little bit of white poking through. :)

C99
08-21-2003, 10:02 PM
From what I have read, babies start "teething" at around 3-m/o -- lots of drool and gumming, etc. -- but it could be months before the first tooth comes up through the gum. I'd just call it regular baby behavior and check her gums every once in awhile if you are worried about a tooth.

luvbeinmama
08-21-2003, 11:36 PM
DD started all the teething symptoms at 3 months, but didn't pop her first tooth until after 7 months. Yes, the teeth move around that early, and do bother them. Don't expect teeth to pop through this early, though. It happens some, but more often it is later.

luvmypeanut
08-22-2003, 06:14 AM
I'm so not ready for teething! I already miss those newborn days when she was so tiny and new and slept all the time :-(

I'm going to cross my fingers and hope that she remains asymptomatic through the next few weeks when we travel.

Thanks!