PDA

View Full Version : Help! My BF 4 month old hasn't pooped in 4 days!

sophiesmom
09-07-2003, 05:43 PM
This is my 2nd baby, but I forget! DS is 4 months old... I have noticed his pooping habits changing a bit (decreasing), but this is drastic.. no poopie in 4 days! I know it;s ok for them to go a while w/out pooping, but I'm starting to worry about him.. any advice would be great!

nigele
09-07-2003, 07:03 PM
My BF DS would go a whole week at a time without pooping - that was just his schedule. It was convenient for me ;-) but when he had his once a week poop, it was a blow-out of the diaper mess!

If you think he might be constipated, a very warm bath might help - it worked for us one of the few times my DS was constipated.

Good luck!

egoldber
09-07-2003, 07:05 PM
Its OK! My ped has the "7 or 7" rule, that is babies can poop once every 7 days or 7 times a day and both are totally normal. As Lisa said, just be prepared when it does happen!!! :)

sophiesmom
09-07-2003, 08:51 PM
Is it normal though to go from going a few times a day to nothing? Yikes, I know, am expecting a blowout soon! He better not make a habit of this.. especially not when I get him his new Marathon soon,, no poopie on the car seat!!! ;-)

Momof3Labs
09-07-2003, 09:48 PM
Yep, it is normal! Like everything else, babies like to change their pooping routine frequently to keep you on your toes!

sophiesmom
09-08-2003, 06:58 AM
Ok thanks! He tricked me, since he started changing his habits so gradually... from stopping going at every feeding, then in the middle of night, then the evening.... :-)

Stephanie

sophiesmom
09-08-2003, 04:42 PM
Well, he finally went on day 5! He of course couldn't do it at home, had to go in Firestone while I was waiting to get my tire fixed! What a mess, thank goodness no leaks (yeah pampers swaddlers!)... then of course DD had to go to... ugh! ;-)

Stephanie

Sophia 8/4/01
Anthony 5/11/03

LucyG
09-08-2003, 07:47 PM
DD went a whole week one time. We were on a trip, of course, and I lived in fear that "the event" would occur at a bad moment. When it did happen, DH was the lucky one holding her. By default, he got to change that lovely package!

LucyG
09-08-2003, 07:47 PM
DD went a whole week one time. We were on a trip, of course, and I lived in fear that "the event" would occur at a bad moment. When it did happen, DH was the lucky one holding her. By default, he got to change that lovely package!