PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone's Baby Feed Them?

August Mom
09-22-2003, 04:07 PM
I know that sounds strange, but DS gets the biggest kick out of picking up food and putting it toward my mouth. He does this with all sorts of things like Cheerios, chicken breast, whatever. I generally eat it and then pick up the same thing and put it toward his mouth. Sometimes I say "No, thank you" like when he tries to give me a Gerber Wagon Wheel. I just can't get into those. LOL

Does anyone else's baby do this? If so, how do you react?

Karenn
09-22-2003, 04:42 PM
Colin does this too! He thinks that feeding mommy is the funniest thing! If I'm not in the mood for what he's offering I usually just say "No, thank you" or "Mommy's all done with cheerios." It's funny though, he usually only feeds me things he doesn't want to eat- meat for example!

Momof3Labs
09-22-2003, 07:11 PM
My Colin does the same thing. Sometimes he feeds us to entertain himself, but usually it is because HE doesn't want something!

Andrea S
09-23-2003, 07:15 AM
Andrew does this too. Sometimes he gets very insistant that I have what he is trying to feed me. I usually eat it or say Andrew eat than he feeds himself.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

jal
09-23-2003, 12:27 PM
Patrick does it to.

Nothing strange, its just a way of "playing" while eating as well as a way baby mimicks what mom and dad are doing.

nigele
09-23-2003, 01:20 PM
Oh, yes. Tom is into this big-time. A few weeks ago he tried to feed DH a piece of chicken that he had chewed and spit out. It cracks me up just thinking about it!