PDA

View Full Version : Nursing Bra questions.....

kels228
09-29-2003, 01:07 AM
Okay I have researched everything else to the hilt, LOL, but I am clueless about which nursing bras are the best. I would love some suggestions. The only thing I know is that you should avoid the underwire ones b/c they can clog milk ducts from what I understand.

I also have another question about them. Right now I am 34 weeks pregnant. My breasts are the exact same size they were before I got pregnant. They have not grown at all. However, I am assuming that when my milk comes in, they finally will. Now, if I wanted to buy nursing bras now, what size should I get? I have no clue what size I'll be then. Right now I am a 34C.

Thanks in advance!

Kathleen\r\nDue 11/9/03

sherryh
09-29-2003, 08:38 PM
If I were you, I would get a Bravado bra right now, then wait until after your milk supply has stabilized before purchasing more bras.

The nice thing about Bravados is they cover a couple of cup sizes and a range of rib sizes, so no matter how engorged you get, or if you slim down quickly on your rib size, it should still fit.

They are not the most supportive bras, but many women find that they can wear them at night later on, and get a more supportive bra for the daytime.

Here is a link. I would order the size you are right now, unless it is at the upper range of one of their sizes. Then I would order 1 size larger. http://store.yahoo.com/nurturecenter/bravnurbra.html

Good luck!

SherryH

Momof3Labs
09-30-2003, 11:42 AM
The best nursing bra is the one that fits you right and is comfortable for you. A Bravado to tide you over is a good idea; once baby is born, go see a lactation consultant who sells nursing bras (many of them do) and get measured for the correct size. You might think that you are a 34C, but you would be surprised how many women are wearing the wrong size bra! And nursing is the wrong time to wear an ill-fitting bra (poor fit can cause plugged ducts and mastitis, even if the bra is not underwire).

hypermom
10-01-2003, 03:24 PM
i've used a few different bras and my favorite has got to be a microiber one from Motherhood. I don't know the name of the bra but it's microfiber all around with a cotton cup liner. It's super comfy. The best feature is that it's got plastic clips for where the bra snaps into place, making it soooo easy to used sinle handed (and be extra discreet) in public. Just "click" and you're all set!

HTH!

Ooops, this is an underwire type but I definitely have no problem with supply! lol.

youngnan
10-02-2003, 04:12 PM
I highly recommend the Medela Beautiful Beginnings Comfort Bra. It looks like a sport bra, and I wear one all day and another as a sleep bra. Great support, nice clearance for nursing (i.e. no snaps or hooks pressing against the baby's cheek) and the most comfortable nursing bra I've found. They are sized slightly small, but the range is generous because it's elastic and has some give. An extra plus is that you can later use these for pumping if you want to eventually use a hands-free attachment from medela (or just rubber bands if you are creative). Every woman in our new mom's group is now wearing these, as are all the Labor & Delivery Nurses at our birthing center! We ordered them through our lactation consultant, and they were very reasonable, only $22 each. I really think these are the best nursing bras out there.

aggie202
10-06-2003, 03:23 PM
I bought 2 from Title Nine Sports which is a catalogue based out of San Francisco area: www.title9sports.com.

heidi_timms
10-06-2003, 06:18 PM
I love the Target bras. They are inexpensive and simple in design. Also, I can wear v-neck shirts, which in most nursing bras, you can't! I tried on the Medela ones at the hospital, but they weren't my style at all!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03