PDA

View Full Version : This question will seem really early for most of you but...

KimberleyDawn
09-29-2003, 09:49 AM
I'm Canadian and our Thanksgiving is in October so I have no choice but to be making plans already (lol)!!!
William will be 8 months by then and I want to know if he can eat some of the great food! Can he have a little (I mean a little) turkey, pototoes, stuffing and gravy? I'm asking this because I know that he will be passed around like candy and people will be offering him stuff and I want to know what is okay and what I should stand firm on him not having.
Kim

Momof3Labs
09-29-2003, 10:29 AM
By 8 months, the no-no list was short for us: nuts, shellfish, and honey. Eggs were okay with my ped, but many peds say no eggs at that age.

Turkey, potatoes, stuffing (with no nuts) and gravy should be fine!

jbeamer
09-29-2003, 08:34 PM
We just got back from the ped's. today for our 6month check up and she said to start meats. They will need to be strained of course. So I would assume that turkey and potatoes would be fine at 7months. Just be careful of any spices added to gravy, stuffing or other foods. That might make baby's tummy upset. Have fun!

new_mommy25
09-30-2003, 10:05 PM
My friend has a baby around that age who loves sweet potatoes. My mom always made those for Thanksgiving.