PDA

View Full Version : avocadoes :)

billysmommy
10-06-2003, 07:56 PM
We started DS on avacodoes this morning....and he LOVES them. After 2 bites of them, he refused to eat anymore of his oatmeat cereal. He looks so funny with green drool all over his face.
Another thing, the husband of a friend of mine is a chef and gave me this tip. If you want to make guacamole ahead of time, save the pit of the avacodo and stick it in the dip until you are ready to serve it. I made it a day ahead of time and stuck the pit in and by the next afternoon, it was still green as could be. I did it this morning when I mixed up a bunch of avacado and it's still green now :)

cdlamis
10-06-2003, 08:10 PM
I know avocadoes are healthy and now that Julia doesn't eat purreed food anymore I still try to get her to eat some avocado once a week.

Here is a recipe for an avocado breakfast shake. I know it sounds gross but it's good. My family is from Brazil and they have it all the time for breakfast there. You'll either love it or hate it- my 16 month old daughter loves it. The appearance doesn't help either- as a shake it's green and frothy!

Anyway, you blend one large avocado with milk and a little sugar.

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b32dc745c42b

lizamann
10-06-2003, 10:01 PM
Weird - but I LOVE avocado so I just might like this...