PDA

View Full Version : Motherwear.com sizing

jec2
10-10-2003, 07:21 PM
Hi,

For those experienced with motherwear.com, would you let me know how their sizing runs--true to size, smaller, or larger? Dh ordered me some pj's and I am just hoping we chose the right size.

Thanks so much,

Momof3Labs
10-10-2003, 08:22 PM
You have to look at their size charts closely. The clothes are made with room for the postpartum figure, per a customer service woman I spoke with. I found that the stuff generally ran big, even with my postpartum fluff.

Marisa6826
10-10-2003, 08:38 PM
It definitely runs big.

I bought stuff before Sophie was born and it was HUGE. I called them, they asked if I washed it yet. I said no, I wasn't going to wash it if I was going to return it. Apparently they will take it back even if it's been washed!

They encouraged me to go ahead and wash it to see if it shrank enough. The stuff was honestly so huge, there was no way it would have shrunk down, so I just reordered and they took the other stuff back. They even rushed it for me (no charge) since I had a scheduled c/s.

Their customer service was very helpful.

I would give them a call.

Good luck!

-m

gremlin44
10-10-2003, 09:45 PM
Hmm...

I ordered an all cotton sleeveless nightgown this summer. Each time I washed it (cold water, dry on low), it shrunk. After about 2 washings it was snug. It still seems to shrink now, even after 15+ washings.

I notice that that nightgown disappeared from the website days after I ordered it. Wonder if other folks had the same problem with that particular item.

jec2
10-11-2003, 05:28 PM
Thanks so much for your input. I went ahead and changed for a smaller size as they hadn't yet shipped them. I usually like to up the sizes to compensate for shrinkage and the fact that I don't like my clothes too tight. However, from what you've said and the CS rep said, they tend to consider a post-partum figure.